Reeven Justice 120mm CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Reeven Justice 120mm CPU Air Cooler Review - Reeven is the new kid on the block, and is attempting to break into the CPU cooling market here in North America. Without a doubt that is a tall order considering just how crowded that space is. The Justice however looks to have what it takes to be a great CPU air cooler, but it all about temperatures, noise, and install when it comes to value.

Another solid cooler review of a great new product! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it's going on the short list for any future builds for me.

So, those corsair vengeange ram modules have high RAM heatsinks. Would a more traditional, finless ram heatsink (or very short fins) fit just fine ? Those yellow clips look like they don't allow any adjustment on where they go on the fan, but the way they wrap onto the heatsink gives a little wiggle room there too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144 Corsair memory module heatsink - higher profile
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148545 Traditional/normal heatsink

WOW. Was not expecting those kind of numbers. And with 1 fan. Definitely will be using one of these soon.

God damn, not only outperforming a handful of great AIO's, but beating a bunch of twin towers at load numbers for $40! :eek: Fucking impressive Reeven, I'd grab one for sure for upcoming builds.

My beloved scythe has been dethroned in price/performance. Will definitely recommend this guy for anyone not wanting to go AIO.

That is ridiculous value! I had to look over the last chart multiple times before I realized how impressive it was! Thanks again for taking the time to show us another great product worthy of Gold status. ;)

What sorcery is this?

And it isn't even direct touch!

Very impressive. I wonder if the secret is in the yellow fan.

How would this compare to the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme heatsink that was popular in 2009 and 2010?

About time the HyperX 212 Evo got dethroned.

Nice job to the engineers at Reeven!

Last edited:
This is great news for enthusiasts.... This will surely usher in a new age of lower cost coolers....

Brent Justice should've done the review ;D

As a Scythe fan this is very impressive and will be on my short list come next build. Nice review, thanks!

Damn, looks like it beats by TS140PE handily, while being only 120mm to boot. Sucks I can't buy it here.

I agree about the name. With that performance that really doesn't matter after the facts are in. Going to keep an eye on this one.

Impressive performance and value. I am a little concerned about weight on this, over time flexing the motherboard. Would it be useful to find some sort of way to support such a heavy cooler with the case, rather than the motherboard itself?

Honestly I never even noticed the name. It seems like they are going all out to be a winner which makes me wonder why they didn't release it in 140mm with a fan that has a higher speed variable 500-2000. Unless they plan to release that next time around as their new model. In any event, if I was in the market for an air cooler, I would probably get this one.

So, those corsair vengeange ram modules have high RAM heatsinks. Would a more traditional, finless ram heatsink (or very short fins) fit just fine ? Those yellow clips look like they don't allow any adjustment on where they go on the fan, but the way they wrap onto the heatsink gives a little wiggle room there too.

Just to echo ChefJoe's question, would DIMMs without heat spreaders or low-profile DIMMs fit under the heatsink?

Looks like tall heat spreaders are a no no.

source.

Looks like heat spreaders would be just fine if you put the fan on the other side of the heatsink.

I have 2 systems with Hyper 212+ and one with a Hyper 212 Evo. The 212 series is one of the best selling heatsinks on the planet. But I have no idea how it compares to this, because they are never included in the comparison charts.

Honestly I never even noticed the name. It seems like they are going all out to be a winner which makes me wonder why they didn't release it in 140mm with a fan that has a higher speed variable 500-2000. Unless they plan to release that next time around as their new model. In any event, if I was in the market for an air cooler, I would probably get this one.
Well, there are situations where you can't use a 140mm cooler. If they don't have one already, I'm sure that they are working on one.

and additionally, having more speed options isn't necessarily always a good thing.

1. some fans with higher variable speed, make more noise, at any given speed, than their less variable counterparts. PWM fans, especially.

2. Reeven probably wants to win, while being surprisingly silent. It takes special care in heatsink design and fan choice, to make this work. A lot of fans make more noise, at the same speeds!

Looks like Newegg carries a number of these Reeven coolers. As far as the 120mm vs 140mm, there's a number of 140mm fans that fit a 120mm profile.

I'd say these guys just got pasted on a lot of builder's radar.

That's missing the point though. 140mm unit with more fins and pipes to pack on as much cooling as possible into a single unit. Not just slapping on a bigger fan. Though it looks like they already do have this model as well called Reeven Ouranos using 140mm with up to 1700 rpm fan. and I noticed somebody up top in the thread mentioned it.

It makes sense that they would use the Reeven Justice to target taking the prime spot as the best all rounder.

Last edited:
If only fan colours were an option.. I'd pay $5 more to match my builds.

And I just bought a noctua... Don't like how this beast covers up the first ram slot though.

Gotta get low profile rams
Liked this because I immediately imagined actual rams with very short stumpy legs. I want this to replace the OEM screamer in my daughters AMD PC, but I installed my old Geil memory modules which are like two stories tall. Maybe they are far enough away, I have to take a look.

But damn, these numbers look like they beat my TRUE 120. Need to find old reviews and compare. If anyone happens to do this (I'm ahem, hard at work), please post!

Liked this because I immediately imagined actual rams with very short stumpy legs. I want this to replace the OEM screamer in my daughters AMD PC, but I installed my old Geil memory modules which are like two stories tall. Maybe they are far enough away, I have to take a look.

But damn, these numbers look like they beat my TRUE 120. Need to find old reviews and compare. If anyone happens to do this (I'm ahem, hard at work), please post!
Always a good idea to replace those OEM parts. ;)

And I just bought a noctua... Don't like how this beast covers up the first ram slot though.

Noctuas have the wire mounts for fans. You can shift the fan up and put the wire clip in between heatsink fins if you need ram clearance. It's specifically designed for that. That is, if you're using a vertical cooler.

I have 2 systems with Hyper 212+ and one with a Hyper 212 Evo. The 212 series is one of the best selling heatsinks on the planet. But I have no idea how it compares to this, because they are never included in the comparison charts.

Its quite the problem with the [H] Reviews of heatsinks. My most recommended sink is never on the list. Guess there is always frostytech for comparison...

Awesome review and apparently a kick ass cooler that even beats some water cooling setups.....for 40 bucks? they going to sell many of these i think! I been waiting years for this cooler to come out lol!:woot: I like everything about it including its size! I didnt want something bigger than my current 120mm cooler. (not much bigger anyway)

Its quite the problem with the [H] Reviews of heatsinks. My most recommended sink is never on the list. Guess there is always frostytech for comparison...
Those cooler master's are good air coolers but quite high end compared to this one or mine for that matter. You could easily add 5 degrees for those 212's in comparison. Just look at all the pipes on this one! (at least 2 more right?)

After reading this review I'm tempted to give up my h100. I've been wanting to upgrade something in my computer.

Back