Reducing the number of subforums

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDude

Weaksauce
hi guys: I was just wondering if you would consider reducing the number of sub forums. The amount right now is very overwhelming in my opinion and many cases I don't know which one is suitable for what I want to post in and waste a lot of time opening all the different subforums in different windows. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yeah, I will delete 10 or so tonight. Would that fit your n00b needs there Buckwheat?

And for what it is worth, if you can't figure out which forum to post in, you probably should not be posting at all.

seeing that you've been member for 12.5 years, most likely you're my elder. For that, I respect your response. I should clarify that I do know which forum to post for each of my particular needs but you have to admit it makes random forum surfing kind of time consuming. Thanks again for your time, please close this thread as you see fit.

seeing that you've been member for 12.5 years, most likely you're my elder. For that, I respect your response. I should clarify that I do know which forum to post for each of my particular needs but you have to admit it makes random forum surfing kind of time consuming. Thanks again for your time, please close this thread as you see fit.

Well there is the "New Posts" link thats in that red horizontal bar across the screen......

when i come visit, i just use the "new posts" button to get all the new goodies, or i just open each main section.

The subforums really allow for much better organized site, many other sites you go in and you have a cluster f**k of threads all in one section making it hard to find relavent info more often then not.

ex you have Video cards, then subforums for each vendor, that really isnt much....

Motherboards, then goes to AMD and Intel, again not that many, but enough to make finding info very useful.

FYI, Kyle is more then an elder to us all, he is the father so to speak, head honcho for [H]

Just like evilalchemist said:

Gadgets subforum can include phones
Video cards/physics/display can go in a graphics section
Cpus can go together (AMD, intel, all non-AMD/Intel CPUs)
what's the point of general hardware? (when you already have a sub forum for pretty much everything)

and there are just so much you can consolidate.

edit: MrGuvernment: I agree with everything you said, your suggestion of going down a path of forums would also help. but putting everything on the same page just seems like a lot to look through

In the end, I agree that the graphic section is perfect example of what I wanted to suggest

Last edited:
The processor forums were split because people couldn't get along if I recall correctly. Just remember that everything has been done for a reason.

Can we change the font to hot pink while we are fagging up the forums?

Just like evilalchemist said:

Gadgets subforum can include phones
Video cards/physics/display can go in a graphics section
Cpus can go together (AMD, intel, all non-AMD/Intel CPUs)
what's the point of general hardware? (when you already have a sub forum for pretty much everything)

and there are just so much you can consolidate.

edit: MrGuvernment: I agree with everything you said, your suggestion of going down a path of forums would also help. but putting everything on the same page just seems like a lot to look through

In the end, I agree that the graphic section is perfect example of what I wanted to suggest

All you suggestions have been duly noted and declined by the board of directors.

I highly suggest you go check out our other forums located here.

Many of us like this site for the very reason you seem to dislike...that is, our esteemed, [H] editor can kick other editors asses. Your criticism was heard and declined...quit whining. Maybe Radiochiq might be mo betta 4U. And you close the door on this thread. You opened it.

I gotta say, as an editor in chief of such a large site, I expected a more civil discussion with you without throwing out insults in every post we make.
You aren't the editor-in-chief. Work on your grammar there. ;)

As a human being seemingly intelligent enough to form coherent sentences, you should be expected to exercise common sense. But what are we to expect from you? To come to someone's forum and ask that it be changed to fit your needs? Check.

Here, go start your own forum.

I gotta say, as an editor in chief of such a large site, I expected a more civil discussion with you without throwing out insults in every post we make. This conversation is obviously going one way, Please close this thread.

The site has grown and forums have been added in a pretty organic manner- (sub)forums added according to need or where one would do more good than bad.

Overwhelming, perhaps, if you aren't familiar with the site. In that case, you're in no position to offer serious suggestions anyway.

When we rebuilt the forums about 6 years ago, all of the mods and admin suggested forums and sub-forums and were discussed and honed down to the basic format we have now. Some new sub-forums are added periodically as needed and others are dropped off. It's not a static situation. Sorry you don't like our layout, but it seems to work well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back