Redirecting Subdomains to Different IPs?

Zxcs

[H]ard|Gawd
Is it possible to redirect a subdomain to a different IP , and if so, how?

Example:
I have www.site.com which is at 195.x.x.x
I want something.site.com to point to 149.x.x.x

Is this possible? The main reason I want to do this is because I have teamspeak, ventrilo and game servers on many different remotely hosted computers and was wondering if it would be possible to get my subdomains to point to their IPs (so, for example to join teamspeak you just type in teamspeak.site.com:[port here]).

Thanks, Zxcs.

Very easy to do from the nameserver. Need to know if you:
A. Have your own nameserver
OR
B. Have your domain hosted somewhere that lets you create aliases

Just add an A record on your dns server for each subdomain.

If you're running your own nameserver, you'd know how to do that ;)

It all depends on what registrar you're with. Some offer free DNS control, whereas others charge a fee.

<shameless plug>
www.mydomain.com offers free DNS Management, URL Forwarding, and E-mail forwarding, even for domains not registered with us.
</shameless plug>

I don't host my own nameserver (both the website and the nameserver are hosted externally, but by the same company). I can do backend things with the server using Cpanel but thats about it. Is it possible to do IP redirection within Cpanel or would I have to contact my host?

Thanks, Zxcs.

I would also love to know that answer to this! :D
Thanks in advance!

Zxcs said:
I don't host my own nameserver (both the website and the nameserver are hosted externally, but by the same company). I can do backend things with the server using Cpanel but thats about it. Is it possible to do IP redirection within Cpanel or would I have to contact my host?

Thanks, Zxcs.

Back