Redhat 9 installation issue

Fox2k

Gawd
hey guys, i'm having some problems with installing redhat 9 on my secondary system. I recently switched video cards to an old MX440-SE, and it seems as though redhat doesnt like it. When the installation GUI pops up, my monitor goes out of sync and i'm forced to reboot.

I tried installing in text mode, and it seemed to go fine, however after the installation was complete and the system rebooted, linux wouldn't boot (the bios couldn't find the installation i guess, it gave a 'disk boot failure, insert system disk' error). I tried putting the boot loader both on the boot partition, as well as on the MBR. I've installed different linux distros quite a few times before as i'm tyring to get more familiar with it, and I've never gotten these types of problems. Is it possible my installation CD(s) are bad? What else might be causing these problems?

well I just verified all three CDs before attempting the install again, and they checked out fine.
Never had a problem with this hard drive, don't think there's anyhting wrong with it.

Are you running your drives in LBA?

If you're using 'normal' or 'CHS' (very unlikely), then it won't boot correctly.

Double check your IDE cables...

Originally posted by Josh_B
Are you running your drives in LBA?

If you're using 'normal' or 'CHS' (very unlikely), then it won't boot correctly.

Double check your IDE cables...

I don't have windows installed on that machine right now - is there another way to check what mode the drive is running in?

Back