Red stripe down the screen

Specs:
Intel iMac 17"
2.0GHz
Radeon X1600 graphics

What happened:
I was surfing and got bored so I decided I would play a little WoW. While playing I noticed that a red stripe had developed on the screen that is one pixel wide and runs the entire height of the screen. I figured that it was from something to do with the games graphics, so I exited the game but it didnt go away. I reset the machine and it still didnt go away. Does this mean my LCD is done?

Great, now theres another one forming. Does anyone know if it is real hard to change out LCDs in these? Will changing out the LCD fix the problem?

Changing out the LCD should most definitely fix that problem. I've never changed one out myself, but it should be covered under warranty if you still have one.

I thought I still had applecare left on it til at least Oct of this year but I cant find any of the applecare stuff.

I thought I still had applecare left on it til at least Oct of this year but I cant find any of the applecare stuff.

If you type in the Mac's serial number on Apple.com it will tell you if you have AppleCare for it and when it runs out.

Back