Red streaking in video?

g00z13

Weaksauce
Hey guys, not sure whats going on but i started getting this red streak on videos, (youtube, gaming) doesn't matter what my display settings are. I've reset them all to default and have reinstalled drivers as well. Any advice on what it could be?
here is my build, had monitor connected via display port and then swapped to HDMI and still same thing. i am using the XMP profile for my ram, other than that haven't OC anything.

I uploaded a video so you can see what i'm trying to explain. :) had music playing so lower the volume.

UserBenchmarks: Game 75%, Desk 92%, Work 82%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - 97%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 73.4%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - 117.3%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - 124.9%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - 126.2%
USB: WD Elements 107C 4TB - 36.9%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 2666 C16 2x8GB - 79.2%
MBD: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

Attachments

• VID_20181106_085216_01.mp4
    8 MB · Views: 0
Er, I'll admit to not knowing what I'm looking for. When I watch your video file you included, I would not say I get a 'red streak'. The video looks fairly compressed and a bit washed out, but that might be just whatever method you recorded it with? Where in the video is the red streak supposed to be?

If the red streak is in your monitor or actual video output, it might be something you see but we don't. If you watch the video you linked on your cellphone, do you see the streak?

Er, I'll admit to not knowing what I'm looking for. When I watch your video file you included, I would not say I get a 'red streak'. The video looks fairly compressed and a bit washed out, but that might be just whatever method you recorded it with? Where in the video is the red streak supposed to be?

If the red streak is in your monitor or actual video output, it might be something you see but we don't. If you watch the video you linked on your cellphone, do you see the streak?
its in the lady's face, on her cheeks and forehead.

op run DDU and then install the newest nvidia drivers, see if that helps.

Yeah that didn't really jump out at me; the whole video looked kind of pasty-post-processed and I thought that was just a feature of that.

Do what pendragon1 said, and additionally try playback from a 'proper' media playback application like VLC or something running in pure software decode mode.

looks like some compression artifacts or something up with the color grade/luma curve like black detail getting messed up. But if it happens across many videos, I am not sure. Subbing.

video acceleration doing wonky things I'd guess?

for people not wanting to watch the vid:

1.png 2.png

well, i tried DDU and reinstalled the latest 416.34 nvidia drivers. still having the same issue. It happens on youtube and when gaming on uplay and steam. but like sinisterDei mentioned, when video playback is on VLC or windows media player it doesn't show up. Is there a specific setting for video playback? I'm thinking of running DDu again and reinstalling older drivers for nvidia since i didn't have an issue then. hopefully that works.

soooo, turns out my neighbors kid was messing around with my monitor settings, and adjusted the overdrive settings on the monitor. i reset that and now everything is working great!!! thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Back