Red Steel- fun?

AC!D-RXN

Gawd
I have read all the negative reviews, and I understand the games shortcommings, but is it still fun? Do the controls work well? Much of a learning curve?

I kinda want to play it, so I guess the real question is, am I wasting my time if I rent it?

THanks

I don't think it's a waste to rent it, but I think it's a real waste to buy it...I played multiplayer w/ my friend for a while, and I just can't play a FPS like that, if nothing else you gotta hold the remote straight and hold your arm up the entire time to AIM, maybe try call of duty if you wanna do a FPS. I didn't get to try any sword play in red steel if that's what you were looking for.

It's alright. It has its moments. It's definitely a good rent. You don't get to the good stuff until about a third of the way through the game though (bullet time & sword combos/specials).

about how long to complete the game?
Haha i know this is kinda stupid, but if a game is too long, i lose interest quick - so I like short games

I donno, there are something like 14 missions and they each take between 20 and 40 minutes. So I guess it will take you somewhere between 7 and 10 hours? It's not a terribly long game, about the usual FPS length.

I found it to be incredibly fun after the learning curve.

Worth a rent, maybe a buy? (I bought it, and am satisfied)

Its a surprisingly fun game, once you get used to the controls. The graphics are awesome and the gunfights are a lot of fun. My complete time was a little under 11 hours, so its pretty short. Is it worth buying? If you like to play FPS games over and over again on increasing difficulty levels, then yeah it might be. But it has no co-op, no online multiplayer, so its replay value is pretty low. Still, its certainly worth a rent, and anyone interested in a FPS on the Wii should try Red Steel out.

I didn't even need to get used to the controls, period. I just jumped right in. The tutorial type messages were just a pain in the ass. I have no idea why people complained about the controls. This game is easy, very easy. It is basicly a cookie-cutter fps with cheezy voice acting, but I see no problems with the controls or anything like that. I prefer red steel to a shooter on a traditional gamepad. Not an amazing game, but not a poor one either. Good times so far. About 2 hours in.

Dev says 7/10

Devnull said:
I didn't even need to get used to the controls, period. I just jumped right in. The tutorial type messages were just a pain in the ass. I have no idea why people complained about the controls. This game is easy, very easy. It is basicly a cookie-cutter fps with cheezy voice acting, but I see no problems with the controls or anything like that. I prefer red steel to a shooter on a traditional gamepad. Not an amazing game, but not a poor one either. Good times so far. About 2 hours in.

Dev says 7/10

It gets alot better as you go. Yeah, its a cookie-cutter FPS for sure, but so are games like Halo and FEAR and Quake4 and PREY. And I actually enjoyed Red Steel a lot more than any of those games. As I said, the game's controls DO work pretty well, though the game's difficulty ramps up pretty quickly as you go on, so you'll have to get REALLY good with the controls if you want to survive later on.

Thanks guys, you confirmed what I suspected: it sounds like I will enjoy it as a rent.
Im playying to rent for newyears eve.

Thanks for your tips - Ill let you know what I think

Back