Red Orchestra

bmorton18

Limp Gawd
I just bought this game on Steam...downloading now...wanted something new to try out...anyways, I have 2 guest passes that let people play the full game for 10 days...who wants them? First 2 to reply in thread will get them. Also any opinions on this game? It looks interesting...

Edit: Both passes are claimed for now.

I love RO personally, its very hard at first and you will get frustrated, its hard to kill people and you will get killed a lot but once you get the hang of it the game is great, very immersive and intense. I love the tank maps, some people don't, some do. There is no crosshair, the weapons are free aim and not centered to the screen, weapons can get shot out of your hand, you get injured, ect.. great game for teamwork. not the biggest gaming community but one of great quality.

I've been wanting to try it for years but never wanted to risk the purchase...I'd love a free pass to give it a shot.

I've been wanting to try it for years but never wanted to risk the purchase...I'd love a free pass to give it a shot.

Sent you a PM.

*edit* I know what you mean about risking a purchase...I blew $50 on Frontlines Fuel of War....and while it will hopefully be a good game in the future...I wish I hadn't spent the money on it....

k Porter...send me a PM with your Steam ID and I'll send it to you.

you rock. i've been wanting to try this game out for a while now...looking for something new as well. i'll send you my steam ID as soon as i get home from work tonight. thanks bmorton18.

Dang, if either of you two end up buying it, send me a pass! I've also been wanting to give it a spin!

There's also the original Red Orchestra mod you can get for free for UT2K4.

so out of everyone who got a free trial pass, what do you think?

Played RO starting as a mod 3 years ago. Its a fun game and played it waayy to much. I was in on of the better clans and always had a fun time playing. Haven't played it much since the orange box came out but there are a few mod that may get me back into playing a little RO.

I love RO, very underrated game.

The Iron sights and shooting mechanics are some of the best in any game imo, especially the sniper scopes.

The game is on the realistic side and it's running on an older engine, which turns away many people at first. However if you just give it time and can look past the outdated graphics you'll find it's a lot more rewarding when you get a kill in RO compared to many fps games, especially with the bolt-action rifles.

i bought this game a long time ago and played it for about 10 seconds. it just didnt really have it for me. i might also have some guest passes, if i do id be more than happy to give them out. ill post back

sorry no passes

i bought this game a long time ago and played it for about 10 seconds. it just didnt really have it for me. i might also have some guest passes, if i do id be more than happy to give them out. ill post back

sorry no passes

same for me... i couldnt play this

I find myself coming back to RO even with all these new games out. The iron sight only is really realistic and everything is handled very well. Great game.

Sent you a PM.

*edit* I know what you mean about risking a purchase...I blew $50 on Frontlines Fuel of War....and while it will hopefully be a good game in the future...I wish I hadn't spent the money on it....

Same here :(

Where were you guys during the countless free weekends?

This game is challenging. But it makes killing the other players so satisfying.

It plays slow compared to pretty much every shooter I've ever played. Thank god I enjoy a more methodical strategic pace. If you use cover well and pick your shots you can really lay the hurt on the enemy. Machine guns actually hold territory where in other games riflemen simply peek and take them out.

I'm enjoying the game though I'm not sure I'll buy it when the trial runs out. I just built my new pc after 4 years with a radeon 9800 pro and bought CoD 4, UT2K4, BF2, TF2, and STALKER all in the same week. I have enough gaming to catch up on without RO >_<

Back