Red Hydrogen One Specifications and User-Shot Photos Invade the Web

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Red Hydrogen One specifications have leaked courtesy of Android Enterprise via GizmoChina, and they include 6GB of RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, 5.7-inch screen with a resolution of 2560x1440, and 128GB of internal storage. The fingerprint sensor is side mounted and there is a real 3.5mm headphone jack on the device! Shipments start on October 9th. Photos taken by early users of the Red Hydrogen One are finally showing up on the internet. Some early adopters say that the screen is more 3D than holographic.

Along with starting shipments for the customers on October 9 for the customers who pre-ordered the device, the Red Hydrogen One is also scheduled to launch via AT&T, Verizon, and Mexico's Telcel on November 2. Some lucky folks already have the device. These proud new smartphone owners are wasting no time hitting up social media to show off their Red Hydrogen One photos.

Damn the camera better be incredible at the MSRP with those specs

"Some early adopters say that the screen is more 3D than holographic."

So then what makes it different from the old HTC Evo 3D I had 6 years ago. Man I loved that slow ass phone.

this phone is way late to market and uses all the same originally planned tech from ... last year. Best to avoid. This is straight from the lips of MBK or whatever his name is on youTube.

I'd be more interested if it had a removable battery. But it is a pretty sweet phone!

Go look at other cameras by RED. It sounds like you're not familiar with what they do...
I know exactly what RED makes. A cell phone is a completely different market than a high end movie camera

Yes, but you might not realise, that often, the #1 reason professionals choose particular android phones, is the camera. MKBHD has publicly said, repeatedly, he uses the Pixel 2 as his primary, due to the camera being the best. RED could change that, they may want to be capturing that segment of the market.

I know exactly what RED makes. A cell phone is a completely different market than a high end movie camera

true but it still doesn't change the fact that there is a big difference between in house manufacturing of a $15k to $100k+ camera and outsourced manufacturing of a $1000 to $1500 cell phone. As I said originally, the camera on it better be freaking amazing at that price last year's flagship specs. Believe me I am extremely interested in the phone solely because of the camera...

Didn't Amazon try this same screen tech with their one and only phone and it flopped hard?

They tried a perspective thing which had 4 cameras on the front so when you rocked the phone from side to side etc it gave a kinda depth perception, it has some uses, but over all a gimmick. The phone it self was fine, with good specs and build.....But for some reason they decided to use their own GUI over android and lock out the play store etc and force their own store, with limited apps that were just normal android apps anyway. You could side load the play store and install anything you wanted, so them locking out the play store was 100% by choice and was 100% sure to kill the phone, no one wanted another ecosystem to be locked into, big time when it was 100% artificial.

I picked up one when Amazon was just about giving them away a little while after launch, did a custom ROM and it was not a bad backup phone for the $80 I think I picked it up for.

Back