Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Free For Red Faction Guerrilla Owners

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
I don't know how many of you own Red Faction Guerrilla, but for those of you that do the developer is giving you a free copy of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered on Steam. I checked my Steam library and I found my nice new shiny edition of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered. Some of the changes are new high-res textures, better lighting and 4K native support. Go check it out and blow some stuff up! Here's the announcement trailer if you missed it a few weeks back.

Watch the video here.

I've been replaying this remarstered version. There is a slight uptick to the graphics....slight. Also, on my new rig i'm getting the same studders I got on my old rig. Don't think this will be fixed in a patch, but one could hope.

I'm really happy when companies do this - give you a free upgrade to a remastered game that you already own. Some examples I can think of that they did this with are Darksiders I+II, Skyrim, Dear Ester and Titan Quest. Dark Souls is the most prominent one I can think of that they didn't do this - but should have given how buggy the original Prepare to Die version was.

Seems to be just a big PC perk. I don't think this is ever done on consoles. They may you pay for every change and upgrade. Let me know if I'm wrong about this though.

Yeah you get that free with ... something. Its awful crap ... I may have played too many good video games, I dunno.

I noticed this the other day and started playing, the game holds up well. It's just as fun as I remember.

I wish the original Red Faction gets a re-mastered treatment, or even better, a re-make using modern engines.

I wish the original Red Faction gets a re-mastered treatment, or even better, a re-make using modern engines.

Same here. I remember how it began; a miner getting hassled by "the man" on his way home sparked a revolution. I always liked that narrative.

Back