Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Free For Red Faction Guerrilla Owners

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Montu, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Montu

Montu [H]ard DCOTM x4

I don't know how many of you own Red Faction Guerrilla, but for those of you that do the developer is giving you a free copy of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered on Steam. I checked my Steam library and I found my nice new shiny edition of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered. Some of the changes are new high-res textures, better lighting and 4K native support. Go check it out and blow some stuff up! Here's the announcement trailer if you missed it a few weeks back.

Watch the video here.

2. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

I played the Re-Mars-tered version and it is still a very fun game. I wish other games allowed you to destroy buildings brick by brick like in Red Faction.

ItWasMe, wolfofone and Nolan7689 like this.
  3. KillRoy X

KillRoy X Gawd

I've been replaying this remarstered version. There is a slight uptick to the graphics....slight. Also, on my new rig i'm getting the same studders I got on my old rig. Don't think this will be fixed in a patch, but one could hope.

4. egads

egads n00bie

I'm really happy when companies do this - give you a free upgrade to a remastered game that you already own. Some examples I can think of that they did this with are Darksiders I+II, Skyrim, Dear Ester and Titan Quest. Dark Souls is the most prominent one I can think of that they didn't do this - but should have given how buggy the original Prepare to Die version was.

Seems to be just a big PC perk. I don't think this is ever done on consoles. They may you pay for every change and upgrade. Let me know if I'm wrong about this though.

5. SuicidalGoat

SuicidalGoat [H]ard|Gawd

i own 5 copies between myself and my kids. things get hectic with 8-10 on LAN

6. PenGunn

PenGunn [H]Lite

Yeah you get that free with ... something. Its awful crap ... I may have played too many good video games, I dunno.

7. ZLoth

ZLoth Gawd

Heh.... I noticed this last Friday..... 'tis a good thing.

8. mr_zen256

mr_zen256 2[H]4U

One of my favorite games ever.

9. Master_shake_

Master_shake_ Little Bitch

still have my original GFWL game complete with case.

10. Viper87227

Viper87227 Pick your own.....you deserve it.

I noticed this the other day and started playing, the game holds up well. It's just as fun as I remember.

11. Nanogrip

Nanogrip Limp Gawd

I wish the original Red Faction gets a re-mastered treatment, or even better, a re-make using modern engines.

12. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous 2[H]4U

Same here. I remember how it began; a miner getting hassled by "the man" on his way home sparked a revolution. I always liked that narrative.