Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Coming Soon

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Rock Paper Shotgun is reporting that THQ Nordic has announced that Red Faction Guerrilla is coming back in a Re-Mars-tered edition by the end of June. The game will feature heavily reworked textures and graphics, improved shadow rendering and lighting, reworked shaders and postprocessing, as well as native 4k resolution support.

Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered edition will come out for PS4 and Xbox one, and Rock Paper Shotgun has confirmed that it will be a free upgrade for existing Steam owners.

I absolutely love the Red Faction series, with Guerrilla being arguably the best of the bunch. I personally can't wait to destroy an entire planet with nothing but a hammer once again.

Red faction had some of the best glass and world destruction ever created at the time of release. I'll never forget the level where you have a large green house type building made out of panes of glass, and with an rpg, you were able to cause sheer destruction, literally mining into the earth below the shattering shards of glass.

I'd personally be far more excited for a remake of the first one.
Playing that DM or Team Deathmatch on PC would be awesome. Using a rocket launcher to make a tunnel is fun. I might be thinking of Red Faction 2, been a while.

I wish the TV version were picked up for a full season, it was quite good, much better than expected for a videogame adaptation. I think. I might be mixing it up with something else and it might have actually been terrible o_O

Playing that DM or Team Deathmatch on PC would be awesome. Using a rocket launcher to make a tunnel is fun. I might be thinking of Red Faction 2, been a while.

I remember painstakingly making a tunnel under a hallway when I got bored one night. Then put a detpack on the ceiling of my tunnel right under the floor. Blew up some poor bastard from below . Good times :)

so.. the premise of the game is to just wander about destroying things?

You'll have to destroy buildings, but there is also combat with outlaws who will ambush you and timed driving missions, etc.

By how easily everything just falls to bits with a hit of a hammer and how easily a truck makes holes through cement/brick walls, it all deserves to be destroyed. Very shoddy construction.

I remember playing this game a lot on PS3. A revamped one for PC with updated graphics could be a fun revisit.

Back