Red Dragon

Compuwiz

Limp Gawd
100_1196%5B1%5D

100_1197%5B1%5D

100_1198%5B1%5D

There ya have it. Pretty bad ass system. Didnt mod anything, it is a stock case, but it looks far cooler design (and is glossy), and supprisingly, cheaper than an antec/chieftec, it came with a 420W PS also.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-156-145&DEPA=1

I would like to learn how to stealth the DVD and CD-RW drives behind the faceplate. I am also interested in water cooling, but I have never attempted liquid cooling yet, and I dont know if I should risk my first learning experience on my brand new badass machine:

Raidmax Dragon case w/420W PS, two exhaust fans, and one intake (side) fan.
Added 2 intake 80mm fans in front
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe Mobo
AMD 64 3200+ (2.0Ghz version) stock
Thermaltake Venus 12 Volcano
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All in Wonder w/cable tv-in.
Two Western Digital 10,000RPM SATA HDs (RAID 0)
Slowly breaking 16X DVD...want to replace with 16X DVD+/-RW SATA 8MB buffer dual layer....but they dont have dual layer of that specification yet, and really pricey.
Samsung 48*24*48 CD-RW
Floppy Drive
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 with digital coax out to digital home theater receiver for digital 5.1 surround sound.

I have wireless 802.11G 54Mbps USB adapter plugged in, and when it is plugged in my CPU temp is at 47°C. When I disconnect it, temperature lowers to anywhere 37-40°C. When playing Doom 3 on high details, temperature rises to 51°C. Case maintaines a steady 37°C. 8 fans including GPU fan = a little noisy.

When I setup my machine, after I configured my RAID Array, it took 9 minutes for a total format and full install of windows xp pro. Fastest machine I have ever been on, wish it were quieter. Other than that, extremely happy.

Enjoy.

If you spent a little time and tried to hide those cables it would look a lot better. Right now it just looks like the average person's retail case.

Needs alot of wiring work. I would suggest hiding behind the motherboard tray as much as possible

Drachne said:
If you spent a little time and tried to hide those cables it would look a lot better. Right now it just looks like the average person's retail case.

I second that....Definetely hide those wire under the drive bays or anywhere where only the molexes are showin..........

ah damn never mind. Still nice window. I'd like to do something like that with my panel

When I was case shopping I was lookin at Lian Li, Antec, Chieftec, the typicals... and I found that this case not only looked cooler than any of the other cases stock, but I found that it was less expensive and came with more features that I wanted. I would rather save my time and money to get a sweet stock case than screw up (I tend to screw up alot on modifying anything) on my case. My two cents :)

The only thing that really bothers me are the blue ASUS tags that tell you what cables go to where. If you don't know where the cables go, you shouldn't be modding a case. ;)

I agree with the ASUS tags, I dont care enough to take them off. =)

As far as the fan grills go, it came with the case...

i am not a fan of pre mods and never will be. the wiring in your case sucks and i cant believe you accually used the power supply it came with. sorry but this is a mod forum. MOD SOMETHING

Hey noobs, the grill came with the computer. Those Raidmax premods have that grill in nearly every one of them. Hence the Raidmax Logo, in the middle of the grill.

why post an un-modded stock case in the "Case Mod Gallery"? lol put some work into it and organize that rat's nest

As to being so noisy, you could get a case that has fewer fans, but with larger diameter. Put a VGA silencer on that video card. Replace the CPU fan with the Zalman cooler.. cant remember its name, but it's really quiet.

Back