Red Dead Redemption : Undead Nightmare DLC!!

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Trailer
OMG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4qQC_H8qQ&feature=player_embedded

Amazing looking DLC to my personal game of the generation! :eek::cool:

Screenshots

85.jpg

102.jpg

93.jpg

78.jpg

101.jpg

Last edited:
I have been following this since they announced it and I'm glad there's finally a release date (we assumed it would be before Halloween but Rockstar never announced anything until today). October 26th! Can't wait!

Just a general question: What's with zombies in just about every game now it seems, at least any shooter type game?

And yes, I'll be getting this but this is just a trend I've been noticing.

Just a general question: What's with zombies in just about every game now it seems, at least any shooter type game?

Games, movies, TV, music...every form of media has a metric ton of zombies. IMO it has a lot to do with the publishers image of their customers.

yay more zombies as dlc for another game.
zzzzz

i do love RDR though.

My guess, Halloween is approaching. I haven't the energy to check the release dates on the DLC, so if they're not even remotely close to Halloween, then there goes my theory.

1st day buy.

And to those complaining about too many zombie games: Would you rather Rockstar create a vampire DLC?

sigh no pc version, soon to be canceled fable 3 pc version ( guessing) so sad heard great game

yep, and I can't say such an unoriginal mod would improve the game...

Pretty hard to improve on already awesome experience and one of the best games of the entire year, yes.

The only way they could improve it is bring it to the PC which I sorely hope they do.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66035

Rockstar has announced that Red Dead Redemption's "free roam" multiplayer will be bundled up with all its downloadable content in a $30 standalone retail release.

Dubbed Undead Nightmare, the retail bundle packs the zombie-tastic singleplayer DLC of the same name, the Liars and Cheats Pack, Legends and Killers Pack, the free Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack and "all the Multiplayer Free Roam modes released to date." $30 is a fair price, as all the DLC costs that by itself for RDR.

Rockstar says only that the Undead Nightmare bundle is "coming soon." The developer revealed yesterday that Undead Nightmare, the DLC, will come on October 26, packing a surprise new multiplayer wave survival mode named 'Undead Overrun.'

awesome, I've been waiting for this for quite a while. I hope it's good

1st day buy.

And to those complaining about too many zombie games: Would you rather Rockstar create a vampire DLC?

I would rather the DLC didn't break the immersion of the game by adding Fantasy elements. Ah well, I don't have to buy it.

yep, and I can't say such an unoriginal mod would improve the game...

Ok perhaps I should have asked..

Did you beat RDR? Its probably the single best game released (IMO) in 5-6 years. If you played it all the way through and didn't like it, hey thats totally fine but I know a few people who started it and got bored with the early quests.

Undead Nightmare is a 5 hour campaign, thats 5 more hours to my personal favorite. Zombies to boot!

Hmm.. I've been patently waiting for the PC version, but I might pick this up if they release a "gold" edition or something with all the DLCs for the 360 if there's not a PC version out by the time that happens.

Did you beat RDR? Its probably the single best game released (IMO) in 5-6 years. If you played it all the way through and didn't like it, hey thats totally fine but I know a few people who started it and got bored with the early quests.

I wasn't planning on playing RDR because of how boring GTA4 was to me (same engine, dev, etc), but due to the praise I read everywhere I went ahead and got it. I beat it, but I had to force myself to.

Ok perhaps I should have asked..

Undead Nightmare is a 5 hour campaign, thats 5 more hours to my personal favorite. Zombies to boot!

Same, RDR is my GOTY. The "twist" in RDR is very much different from your everyday plot twist.. it's more of a gameplay twist than a plot twist, actually. I didn't expect the game to continue the way it did, for those who've finished it. Either way, everything about the game felt very original. I may be a little biased, my dad and I watch a shit ton of spaghetti westerns.

GTA IV has nothing on RDR. RDR is a way better game in every way imaginable.

Any chance I can probably get this game cheap now with the PS3 (haven't played it but want to)?

I wasn't planning on playing RDR because of how boring GTA4 was to me (same engine, dev, etc), but due to the praise I read everywhere I went ahead and got it. I beat it, but I had to force myself to.

Eek, well you gave it your best shot. I was VERY wary of RDR because I didn't like GTAIV at all. Turns out that everything wrong with GTA was right in RDR ... for me.

To each his own.

Any chance I can probably get this game cheap now with the PS3 (haven't played it but want to)?

I'm sure its $40 somewhere, be it Amazon or eBay. You're not going to find it for much cheaper (probably) because its still a hot ticket game and will retain its value for quite awhile. I should add, its one of the VERY FEW games on any platform right now that is worth its weight in retail. $60 brand new and you will not feel disappointed.

I'd like to try some zombie games in another genre than in an FPS.

Something that emphasizes the character interaction and the hopelessness they feel as civilization collapses around them; maybe an RPG?

Something where you scavenge for goods, find a place to hide for a while and build up defenses until one of your group freaks out and screws things up etc.

The games that are out now could have their enemies changed to any other creature and it would be about the same game. They don't capture the essence of the classic zombie movie/book.

Back