Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Footage Allegedly Leaked

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
PC Gamer spotted some footage of what appears to be Red Dead Redemption 2 running on PC. While the "leak" was quickly taken down, other channels re-uploaded the footage, which features a few seconds of gameplay and a "settings" menu with various PC graphics options. While the video is somewhat out-of-focus, settings such as FXAA, VSync, and Texture Quality can be made out, and whoever leaked the video changed resolution while the game was running.

Check out the "leak" here.

Rockstar hasn't commented on the leak, and there's no proof that it's legit. But if this footage is a hoax, it's a very convincing and elaborate one.

Hopefully it's true. Beyond the overall tediousness of the game, the motion blur (and 30fps framerate) don't help.

Oh good, I don't have to wait for a PS4 emulator to play this game on PC. Meanwhile I'm not enjoying Persona 5 on RPCS3, not that the emulator is doing a bad job but the game sucks.

Nephew is getting this game for X-mas so I made sure he didn't buy it for his PS4.
PC version would go over big but worried on what client it would launch on.

I understand its pretty and has a good story, but the fighting is all VATS. Now I don't use it in Fallout games, although I may have to learn for high end PvP in Fallout 76. I certainly won't play a game no matter how great the story or how pretty it is, if I can't shoot stuff in the head.

Back to Fallout 76, its just cake for me. Endless cake, ;)

I finished Single player on the XB1X end of last month-one of the best single player games I've played in a long time.

I'm not sold on the multiplayer aspect of the game yet-

With that said, I'll wait till I can get a deal on it, if/when it comes to the PC-I was one of the dumbasses that paid full price for GTAV on the Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC :p

Seems odd they'd use FXAA when at least on consoles, it uses TAA. Though I gotta say it looks pretty convincing to me.

if it comes out on PC within the next few months i'll bite at full price but if it's longer than that then I will do what I did with GTAV and not even bother with it

I understand its pretty and has a good story, but the fighting is all VATS. Now I don't use it in Fallout games, although I may have to learn for high end PvP in Fallout 76. I certainly won't play a game no matter how great the story or how pretty it is, if I can't shoot stuff in the head.

What does VATS have to do with RDR2?

I’m a fully signed up member of the pc master race and I never found myself thinking it visually lacking except for occasionally face textures and self shadowing and thats being picky.

It truly is incredible what they managed to get out of the PS4 visually, and I just have a stock standard, Day 1 PlayStation.

Mouse to aim would have been good, but other than that, meh.

Considering the video was taken down and the original uploader had their account on Youtube terminated I tend to believe this is real. I was looking at other options menus to see if this was cleverly pieced together and I haven't been able to match anything.

My guess is this was a QA tester who couldn't hold their wad and wanted to share it with the world.

I bought it for Xbox one but didn’t even get 20 minutes into it before I gave up. Aiming with a controller is just too weird for me.

This leak is bullshit, some other guy put in an alien space ship in the game that had everyone fooled. How are these two thing correlated? They were filmed the same way, camera pointed at a tv instead of using a video capture method.
Don't be fooled all most anything that is filmed like this can be faked/edited.

Here is the video, and link to the reddit post discussing it

This leak is bullshit, some other guy put in an alien space ship in the game that had everyone fooled. How are these two thing correlated? They were filmed the same way, camera pointed at a tv instead of using a video capture method.

Here is the video,

You just shut your pretty boy mouth and let us dream a little ok? :)

I am 99% sure PC players will be able to keep that off in SP. Multiplayer will probably have different modes?
I hated the auto aim system in GTA V, but that was easily disabled on all platforms.

I bought it for Xbox one but didn’t even get 20 minutes into it before I gave up. Aiming with a controller is just too weird for me.

The game auto aims EXTREMELY hard. It's basically an aimbot and will pretty much never miss anyone you have a clear shot at.

Just let go and tap left trigger again and it'll snap to the body of the next target. Basically all you do is make very fine adjustments.

Bring it on.

edit:

68749062.jpg

The game auto aims EXTREMELY hard. It's basically an aimbot and will pretty much never miss anyone you have a clear shot at.

Just let go and tap left trigger again and it'll snap to the body of the next target. Basically all you do is make very fine adjustments.

It's so extreme that you can't aim normally. I'm pretty decent at pad aiming and I can't hit the broad side of a barn in this game because it wants you to auto-aim everything.

It's so extreme that you can't aim normally. I'm pretty decent at pad aiming and I can't hit the broad side of a barn in this game because it wants you to auto-aim everything.
So turn it off? It also has a sensitivity slider so you can tone it down instead of turn it off.

And good luck hitting anything when trying to aim while on horseback with no auto aim, unless you abuse red-eye.

I can't be bothered at this point, If they don't release a PC version then the game might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned.

That said, the footage seems faf (fake as fuck) to me

How awesome would it be for a RDR2 Gold/Limited Edition with RDR1 ported to PC as a perk?

(yes, I know that will never happen....sigh)

Reactions: GT98
like this
How awesome would it be for a RDR2 Gold/Limited Edition with RDR1 ported to PC as a perk?

(yes, I know that will never happen....sigh)

Rumor has it that RDR remake might be DLC for RDR2-which makes sense.

I have this feeling that RDR2 isn't going to lend itself to making billons for Rockstar via Online play-the time scope is limited and that's going to limit its appeal to many players. They'd be better off generating single player DLC for $20 a pop to keep $$$ coming in on the game.

I know quite a few GTAV players who where pissed at the complete lack of single player DLC.

Here is the video, and link to the reddit post discussing it

I can't speak to that video specifically, but there actually is a UFO-like encounter in RDR2. You walk into a certain shack, a green light glows throughout and you hear a humming noise above you. Then the noise and light zoom off into the sky.

Check out this video:

I experienced this myself in-game. It's real.

Back