cageymaru

Fully [H]
Take-Two Interactive Software has raised the bar for its 2019 financial outlook after record breaking sales for Red Dead Redemption 2 have raked in the cash. Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold more copies in 8 days than the original game did in 8 years. The sales from Red Dead Redemption 2 aren't included in the financial statement that Take-Two Interactive released as the game just came out on October 26th of this year. Even without those sales included, Take-Two Interactive hit a home run with net revenue increasing by 11% compared to last year, microtransaction spending increasing by 12%, and digitally-delivered revenue growing by 18% and now accounting for 73% of total net revenue. I'm going to hold out for the inevitable PC version to be announced.

"On October 26th, Rockstar Games launched its highly-anticipated Red Dead Redemption 2, the label's first game built from the ground up for the current console generation. Red Dead Redemption 2 has received outstanding reviews, with numerous critics awarding the title a perfect score. The title is now tied with Grand Theft Auto V as the highest rated title on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with a 97 Metacritic score. A massive commercial success, Red Dead Redemption 2 has set numerous records, including achieving the biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment, with over $725 million in retail sell-through during its first three days. Red Dead Redemption 2 sold-in more units in its first 8 days than the original blockbuster Red Dead Redemption sold in its first 8 years and, as of today, the title has sold-in over 17 million units worldwide. "As a result of our strong second quarter performance and outstanding early results from Red Dead Redemption 2, we are raising our financial outlook for fiscal 2019, which is also poised to be a record year for Net Bookings and Adjusted Operating Cash Flow."

Well deserved. Incredible game. First one was in my Top3 games for many years but this one takes it to a new level.

z0qQauV.jpg

GTA V took 6months to come to PC after current gen releases, which were a year after initial release. I hope it doesn't take a year and a half again.

Back