Red Dead Redemption 2 Gets a Battle Royale Mode

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Red Dead Redemption 2's Online Beta is gradually rolling out, starting today. RDR2: Ultimate Edition owners will be the first who get access to the servers, while active players will be gradually rolled into the early access period until the "full" beta is open to everyone on the 30th. Meanwhile, according to the gtabase fansite, RDR2 Online already has a "Make It Count" battle royale mode. The description of one such gametype says players will "Use nothing but a handful of throwing knives to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there's nowhere to run."

The launch of the Red Dead Online Beta is the first step in what will be a continually expanding and dynamic world, and the beta period will allow us to deal with the inevitable turbulence of launching any online experience of this size and scale. During this process, we will be looking to our dedicated community to help us report and fix problems, share ideas, and assist in shaping the future of the full Online experience. As with all of our releases, we will strive to make the launch of Red Dead Online the best it can possibly be, and we ask that the community share that spirit with us over the next weeks and months.

Just throwing knives? How quickly will that be a borefest?

Just throwing knives? How quickly will that be a borefest?
The PC Gamer article I read mentioned bows & throwing knives.

Also, is it really a shock to anyone that they added a BR mode? They already had a BR mode in GTA Online, so it's the same mode with just different assets.

And my follow up to the shrugging of my shoulders, what's the community think the shark cards micro trans will be called this time. Snake cards?

I'll stick to single player thanks... especially without kind folk hacking with gatling guns dropping money bags since stuck on console.

First it was MMO's that were "the shit". Then the gaming community turned to zombie survival games. Now it's battle royale.
What do you think is coming next?

First it was MMO's that were "the shit". Then the gaming community turned to zombie survival games. Now it's battle royale.
What do you think is coming next?

Obviously, World of PUBcraft, Forsaken edition, where players battle it out in Warcraft's Undead capital city, may the best Zombie win!

I'll stick to single player thanks... especially without kind folk hacking with gatling guns dropping money bags since stuck on console.

I saw more hacking on the PC Online verison of GTAV then I did on the Xbox One.

Must ride the hype.

battle royale is my new trigger phrase. There is nothing royal about it, and it goes against everything I think a game should be.

I saw more hacking on the PC Online verison of GTAV then I did on the Xbox One.
That's my point. It made it fun! Many of the hackers were cool about it and if you had a buddy willing to take the risk... I have 4 houses, filled with all the high end cars, the yacht pimped, all the planes and didnt do much anything because of kind hackers... xbox and ps4 have better control over that.

And fyi I never exploited or hacked once. They did take my money, bastards - 33mm

Back