Red Alert 3 trailer

gmcustom

n00b
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34141.html

Looks better then C&C3 on release. However that October release date scares me.

6 months away and still no word of a beta plus this being an EA game. Granted they actually did a good job of supporting C&C3. Each patch was pretty solid granted I didn't like them making mammoth tanks even weaker considering Avatars and Tripods are so much better.

the trailer looks good. the cnc3 expansion was rushed out. the first patch will just be balance issues and the game has been out for a few months. the main issue keeping me from buying the game is the desync issues. once they patch that I will buy it

Looks awesome :D. The new units look interesting(armoured bears and Terror Drones with gun turrets!), and the water effects are stunning. I hope the beta comes out soon, because I really want to get my hands on this game. Plus, it will give EA the chance to balance the game completely before release, unlike C&C3(which I suspect is the main reason they're doing the beta altogether).

red alert 2 was like my first rts game

go buy the first decade.. NOW! (and play RA, and C&C if you haven't already)

RA2 was a great multi-player game. 100 times better then Generals, IMO. i'd spend hours with my buddies playing it. i miss those days. i miss my CD's too... :p

RA2 was a great multi-player game. 100 times better then Generals, IMO. i'd spend hours with my buddies playing it. i miss those days. i miss my CD's too... :p

Its pretty much written in stone that generals sucked. Only good thing about it was that moved the toolbar to the bottom of the screen instead of the right side. Being the Red Alert fan I am, I have some high hopes for this game and hope it turns out well. Im looking at you EA!!!!

is the toolbar back on the side... I just bought c&c3.. i think it's on the side

I've played every single C&C game that's came out, I meant the first one I picked up was RA2 :D

My first introduction to the C&C universe was Tiberian Sun, which didn't hold my attention too much. Red Alert 2 drew me in and is still one of my fav games. Too bad you cant LAN it in Vista due to the lack of the IPX/SPX protocol :(

I enjoy C&C3, and Red Alert 3 has some pretty damn big shoes to fill. I hope EA comes through with the teeny amount of faith I have left in them.

Ahhhh...C&C with sea units again - can't wait! I always miss them in the Tiberian type games...they just add so much more to the game.

Dozey

First impression was, man does this look cartoony, with the bright colours and the glowing highlights it instantly made me think...console port.

So just out of pure curiosity, is this coming out on consoles as well?

Looks like fun. RTS was never my thing, but I do enjoy it now and then when I need to cause massive carnage.

October 2008? Isn't that roughly when Starcraft 2 coming out?

Looks like fun. RTS was never my thing, but I do enjoy it now and then when I need to cause massive carnage.

October 2008? Isn't that roughly when Starcraft 2 coming out?

I doubt it...Blizzard is holding BlizzCon again this year and the event still says you can "try out" SC2 there. I think the beta might come out end of this year.

Anyways, back on topic. The RA3 trailer looks badass, I enjoyed C&C3's campaign a lot, especially with all the corny FMV and whatnot. The Co-Op campaign should be nice in RA3.

I still play RA1 over hamachi with a few friends. Whole franchise went to crap after that when EA bought westwood :(

I still think Tib Sun is the best but RA2 is extremely close and this looks amazing.

TESLA BOATS?! :D:D

First impression was, man does this look cartoony, with the bright colours and the glowing highlights it instantly made me think...console port.

So just out of pure curiosity, is this coming out on consoles as well?

RA2 had the same type of bright and colourful look, and I think EA nailed it perfectly with the design in RA3(there are armoured bears, seriously). It's coming out on the 360 and PS3 as well, although based on what they've done with C&C3, I'm expecting the PC gameplay to be excellent.

Some of the units look pretty crazy, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Some of the units look pretty crazy, but I'm still looking forward to it.

hey... you need some unconventional technology to win the war. US scientists were training bats to deliver explosives during WWII... but they ran out of time, and the bats were never used. still.. pretty slick :p

Back