Red Alert 3 Beta now open!

Thanks.

EDIT; after downloading the client (1 hr) and installing, you are then forced to download an 860 MB update file, which takes even longer. :rolleyes:

Death to EA...

Based on what I've seen I heard that there's no single player mode to try units out,only multi. So expect zergling rushes or whatever the Red Alert equivalent is.

Couldn't you just setup a game with a fellow [H] member and try out strats between each other?

Thanks.

EDIT; after downloading the client (1 hr) and installing, you are then forced to download an 860 MB update file, which takes even longer. :rolleyes:

Death to EA...

Well for me it was only an hour total to get both. 1600MB is far from scary these days.

Whenever I type in the random letters/numbers, it just goes back to the promotions pages.. :confused:

Whenever I type in the random letters/numbers, it just goes back to the promotions pages.. :confused:

Yeah, I got that too. Im going to try IE7....:eek:

edit: Tried IE, and it still took me back to the main page... I guess no beta for me :(

I got owned last night, looks like it might be a fun game though, but ever 2 seconds I was depleating my mines.

It's now closed.

Anyone with a key that doesn't play, please PM me! Would appreciate it very much.

FUCK. Can't believe I missed this. If anyone has a spare/unused key that they could spare me, I'd be forever in your debt ;).

It's now closed.

Anyone with a key that doesn't play, please PM me! Would appreciate it very much.

You can have mine. I'm a subscriber so I've had it sitting for some time and I'm not much of a CNC fan anymore. However, I may want to try it again in the future but I will PM you when I decide to do so (this is highly unlikely though). PM coming.

Currently downloading the patch as someone kindly gave me a serial number :). EA's servers are quite fast as well; I'm getting about 600KB/s.

Couldn't you just setup a game with a fellow [H] member and try out strats between each other?

You could. Just make sure that you know the [H] member's name. You could also password protect the game for [H] members only.

BTW, I'm dangman4ever in the RA3 Beta. If you just want to test out units and strats or whatever, just hit me up. PM me, add me to your fdz list, whatever.

DAMNIT, I can't believe I missed this. If anyone can hook me up with a key, I'd greatly appreciate it, I was a Red Alert 2 fanatic.

DAMNIT, I can't believe I missed this. If anyone can hook me up with a key, I'd greatly appreciate it, I was a Red Alert 2 fanatic.

I'll send you a PM. I'm not going to play it anymore. I'm just not cut out for RTS games online. I turtle too much. ;)

I am uspet I missed this too, been really looking forward to it, if anyone has a spare key, please PM me

This beta sucks, it functions more like a pre-alpha. The server disconnects all the time, takes a long time to join a game, there is no cancel button. This is a fun game once you get into it, it just takes a hell of a long time to do it.

For those wanting keys, be warned, just having the key will get you squat. If the key was already used by someone it gets tied to their EA/Gamespy account and cannot be used without their login information.

The UI is absolutely horrid and I can't set my keys. Other than that the game runs smooth and I haven't had any crashes besides when I tried to minimize one time. You run out of ore very very fast too.

I got in on the open beta this morning, my roomate just got home and wants to join me but they closed the beta. if anyone has a key they arn't using please PM me it

Downloading the update now, pretty fast. I haven't even played C&C3 through, let alone the expansion that I got the key from. I remember liking RA2 though, hopefully this is similar. I just hate that you can't zoom out on C&C3, makes me feel closterphobic.

It seems like a bit of a cross between RA2 and C&C3, although I only played for about 5 minutes so I didn't have time to really judge it.

Been trying to play for the past two days and their entire online interface is just horrid, the error messages aren't even understandable. Even if I do get into a game, it stays at refreshing NAT and does not initiate the game. Is it that complicated to make a lobby/join game/create game system that works?

Is this looking like C&C3, with the "build millions of things as fast as you can and throw them indiscriminately at the enemy" mechanic, or are you allowed to actually make an effort? I liked CoH because it was the first RTS I played that rewarded you for putting some work in, rather than being boring. C&C3 was dull because of this.

Sigh....pre placed ore facilities instead of ore all over the ground like the first two.

I got signed up for it and had it downloaded, installed and patched but when I tried to log in it always told me my online ID was invalid even though I logged in through the website and double checked. I'm pretty much at a loss as to what to try next, I even tried making a new ID and it still didnt work. Anyone else have this problem?

So how is the game? Is it still arcadey or have they added some simulation aspects to C&C?

they just released a patch for this game like 2 days ago. I guess it makes the game more stable

Back