"Rectum, darn near killed him!" I did wreck them though...

Landmine

Limp Gawd
So I killed my Logitech G51 speaker system by mixing the mic and the sub wires.... Good times. Just get a buzzing sound when I move the volume nob and the only time music comes out is when I'm pressing the Matrix button quickly (Normal/Gaming/Music).

Any recommendations on what to replace them with?

I will be honest and say up front I loath those klipsch speakers (but many people have them and like them..so whatever ..I hate those things....I would rather have Bose Companion speakers than those god damned Klipsch speakers if someone forced me at gun point to choose:) )

so with that disclaimer out of the way...

I will be apparently (unless someone beats me to it while typing this) be the first to suggest Bookshelf speakers + T-amp

assuming of course you have the desk space for bookshelf speakers and all.

maybe the ever popular Dayton B652s or

i have just recently seen these on amazon ... getting (few granted) but positive reviews so far

Micca Motion MB42 bookshelf speakers (advantage being apparently a good deal smaller than the daytons)

http://www.amazon.com/Micca-MB42-Bo...ef=sr_1_5?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1363114162&sr=1-5

and say this

http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-DTA-100a-Class-T-Amplifier/dp/B004JK8BDK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_7

and you are off on your way to 2.0 goodness... however if you got those 4" driver micca speakers especially you'd likely want to start gathering a few bucks to add a subwoofer also.

Other good speaker options are Polk Monitor series (however ATM the Monitor 35B is $110 a pair on newegg ...so with a amp would totally kill your budget).

Or Pioneer BS41

if you have more room you could likely go used receiver route and used bookshelf speakers (or new depending)

at my computer I am using a $20 used Pioneer SA-410 integrated Amplifier and $40 for the Pair JBL L1 bookshelf speakers (about $800 when new btw) which are IMHO just awesome sounding if rather large (dwarf my Polk monitor 30s for example say) but for $60 this set up sounds rather nice indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
oh yeah also used Vintage Realist Minimus speakers make kinda awesome computer speakers also (paired w/ T-amp or receiver or integrated amp ) My wife has those for her pc I set her up with a Pioneer SX-450 and a pair of Minimus 77 speakers (i paid $10 for... and another $5 for surround kit... I did have to redo the surrounds in fairness).

the minimus speakers are rather diminutive in size also. the Minimus 7 speakers are the more common model vs the 77s my wife has.

Good advice and thank you for taking the time to share your input. I dont really have the space as I'm building my new office now and just need something to make some sound that isnt crap. In my new office I'm going to be running wire in the walls for surround sound and hopefully put the speakers in the wall or at least mounted clean.

Are these speakers going to be decent for the 15 times I'll play a youtube video for friends/family, hopefully so. But please keep posting your info as I want to learn from you sound nuts!

Good advice and thank you for taking the time to share your input. I dont really have the space as I'm building my new office now and just need something to make some sound that isnt crap. In my new office I'm going to be running wire in the walls for surround sound and hopefully put the speakers in the wall or at least mounted clean.

Are these speakers going to be decent for the 15 times I'll play a youtube video for friends/family, hopefully so. But please keep posting your info as I want to learn from you sound nuts!

well if that is all you need the speakers for i'm sure the klipsch would be fine and all... I hate to say anything nice about bose (it actually kinda makes me want to throw up a little :)) but personally i think their Companion multimedia speakers have better SQ (less base..... boomy muddy base :) than the klipsch but better sq overall than klipsch i think..but again I hate the klipsch personally so maybe others will disagree.

Back