Recovering deleted emails from thunderbird

Mnx4

[H]ard|Gawd
So my thunderbird was acting up for my two gmail accounts. Long story short, I unchecked the box which archived my gmail accounts, deleted all messages in my archives, then deleted from trash, then went into the inbox to see that all of my messages were gone. I thought I was just deleting archives but apparently not.

The only saving grace I have at this point is that I use thunderbird for all accounts on both my laptop (which I deleted from) and my desktop, which I haven't turned on since this started. Is there any way I can copy all of the files from my desktop to my gmail account? I can't lose all those damn emails....

edit: I also created a backup file of all those emails a couple of days ago. can I just drag and drop the backup into my current Thunderbird folders? I'll lose a few days worth by that method, but that's it. I'd prefer to sync everything from my desktop, though.

Mod: Please Close, I figured it out.

For those interested, I copied my desktop's Thunderbird folder in roaming to my laptop's Thunderbird folder, turned off my internet, copied the messages from my inbox, archive, and sent folders to separate system folders, reconnected to the internet, and copied those folders again to their respective gmail folders, at which point gmail uploaded the emails. The inbox was tricky since it wouldn't copy to a system folder but it would to it's own archive folder system.

I only lost a few emails, but better than a few years worth. :)

Back