Recover REFS volume showing up as RAW

Hammer!

Limp Gawd
Hi, my Server 2016 machine crashed and upon reboot, one of the data disks which was formatted as REFS is now showing up as RAW. Any tips on how to recover? While I have a backup for most of the important files, my family pictures from the past year were not backed up (yes, shame on me). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hammer.

Hi, my Server 2016 machine crashed and upon reboot, one of the data disks which was formatted as REFS is now showing up as RAW. Any tips on how to recover? While I have a backup for most of the important files, my family pictures from the past year were not backed up (yes, shame on me). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hammer.

Boot a PC using a Linux live CD with GUI of your choice - Ubuntu or whatever, and view the drive either installed in a USB enclosure or connected to a spare SATA port. Recently I was able to recover data for a friend that was marked as unformatted under windows. I used a SATA port since the transfer was much faster than the USB. Good luck.

R-studio is what another user used with success after an ReFS flub not too long ago! Self healing filesystem my butt..

R-studio is what another user used with success after an ReFS flub not too long ago! Self healing filesystem my butt..

Yeah, seems like many more options recovering an NTFS drive. Reformatted drive as NTFS to avoid this issue.

Back