Recover files from NTFS?

zeroARMY

[H]ard|Gawd
Yesterday I was trying to play BF2 after not playing for a few months and it kept crashing. Today, I went to play and after a few minutes of play, i got a quick BSOD and my computer restarted. However, the loading bars kept going and going and it never booted into XP. So I restarted. After the restart it said that thing Windows did not boot correctly and gave me safe mode options. I did start normally, but it BSOD's and restarted. I tried Safe mode, the loading screen with bars would run for a little while but it would BSOD. Kept doing this after loading BIOS safe defaults and such.

So I loaded into Knoppix and when I went to the C: drive it said:
"Your NTFS is inconsistent. Run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot into
Windows TWICE! The usage of the /f parameter is very IMPORTANT! No
modification was made to your NTFS and won't be by the ntfs resizing colde
until your corrupted NTFS gets repaired."

So then I booted in to BartPE to run checkdisk with fixing (/f)and it said:
"corrupt master file table" can not run checkdisk etc

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. I don't care about recovering XP. I just wanna move my files to my other drive and reformat. Right now I can't get to them at all. Some are very important that I didn't have the chance to backup.

Thanks.

getdatabackfor ntfs from runtime.org may be able to get the files back, its not free, but will show you what it can get back bfore you have to buy it.
Its payed for itself a few times over for me

Cool, thanks. I'll look into it.

However, the drive is SATA and no other computers in my house have SATA connectors. Friends in the area have SATA, but data recovery will probably take a long time and I can't hold them up.

Would an external SATA enclosure kit allow me to get data off? Or only a direct SATA connection to the mobo?

Back