Recommended wireless headset headphones with microphone ?

kensiko

Weaksauce
My G930 hurts my head after 2+ hours of conference calls. Looking for recommendations. My needs are:
- Comfort, not hurting my head after several hours.
- As long battery life as possible.
- 20 meters range.
- Crystal clear microphone.
- Led showing microphone is muted or other way of knowing.

ghostwich

[H]ard|Gawd
My wife got me a Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless for Christmas.
  • comfort really depends on your head size/shape, I find that the "ski goggle" fit is love it or hate it, and so are the earcups
  • battery life is decent, but what I find to be pretty good is that it's user-replaceable and you have a spare in the base station to hot-swap
  • 20m range is dependent on LOS and frequency degradation through walls, etc.
  • microphone is okay, but I find that it does a commendable job of noise cancellation
  • mute LED brightness can be adjusted in software
Features I think don't get enough credit:
  • dual sources at the same time- the base station transmits 2.4GHz RF (funny how we're back to this) and the headset itself has BT 4.1
  • you can get third-party batteries
  • chatmix (on the PC) which means there are two audio devices, one for simulated 7.1 audio, and one as a "headset" audio/mic combination
I realize that $300+ is not an easy "try before you buy" kind of thing.

Otherwise, I would go with some kind of purpose-built headset (i.e. not a gaming headphone/headset combo) from Plantronics (I think they are now Polycom, or some merger?) or something like that.

NIZMOZ

[H]ard|Gawd
Jabra Evolve 65. Best headset I've ever owned. Battery lasts all day, clear speaker / signal, and great microphone. Also designed to work with Webex, Zoom, and Teams. I bought a cheap one off Amazon before I got this one Open Box off Ebay for $50 bucks. Was well worth it. The cheap one I sent back as it was terrible in comparison. It beeps every 30 seconds to let you know its muted. Could be a minute. Never really timed it. Just download Jabra Direct for your pc and it'll be configurable then.

https://www.amazon.com/Jabra-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Packaging/dp/B0728KWLZK