Recommendations wanted for Wifi 6 Access Point

iDurr

n00b
I'm currently updating my network for pfSense and would like to get a hold of a WiFi 6 Access Point. I would like something that doesn't require a sign in with a cloud service, what would be some good options for home use?

The TP-Link ones are what I would get if I was going that way. I've seen them mentioned more than once in wifi6 threads I've read.

I have a Net Gear and a D-Link. Both solid.

D-LINK DIR-X4860-US
NETGEAR RAX70

Make sure when you read the reviews you check to see if it is the correct model linked. most aren't and Amazon lumps everything all together because the vendor puts multiple products on one Amazon page.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Make sure when you read the reviews you check to see if it is the correct model linked. most aren't and Amazon lumps everything all together because the vendor puts multiple products on one Amazon page.
Yeah, it seems like a lot of retailers are doing this shady shh.... with their reviews. Motherf.....s. I've noticed it newegg and recently even on b&h. (n)

Yeah, it seems like a lot of retailers are doing this shady shh.... with their reviews. Motherf.....s. I've noticed it newegg and recently even on b&h. (n)
It not shady. It's Amazon not being being able to detect individual products from the same vendor. The vendor would have to create a different page for each product in order o sort it out. It's a back end database problem. When a vendor puts several items on the same Amazon page, then you get several reviews from all of the items, all on the same review pages. What they can do, and have done on some product pages, to some extent, is add in the product description below each review. That's only a kludge, though, because you cannot search for those specific items in the review page. You have to just scroll through all of them looking at the ID descriptor.

Vendors don't want their reviews mixed up. Amazon needs to get it's shit together and update their entire database system. MAJOR fucking pain in the ass, but they just gotta do it.

Reactions: Farva
like this
Back