recommendations needed for a good PCI slot or USB wireless network card

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by peppergomez, Jun 11, 2018.

1. peppergomez

peppergomez Gawd

Been using an ethernet cable for years now, but have moved and can't do so in my new place. Can anyone suggest a good card or USB plug in wireless device?

I'm on Windows 10.

Thanks.

2. capt_cope

capt_cope Gawd

I've always had good luck with the Intel 7260 and 8260 cards, never really tried any of the USB options, so I can't recommend any of those.

3. TheFlayedMan

TheFlayedMan n00bie

I was using a ASUS PCE-AC68 wireless card for a couple of years before I moved and went back to wired. I never had a problem with it but don't really know if there are better options out there.

4. brucethemoose

brucethemoose [H]Lite

My TPlink Archer T9E has been fabulous so far. Not single issue so far, and the one I got for a sibling allegedly gets way more bandwidth over a congested connection than anything her roommates ever had.

That being said, the chipset it uses is pretty old now. But you should still look into PCIe cards. Back when I was shopping, 3x3 or better USB wifi cards were impossible to find, and I think that's still the case, which gives the PCIe wifi cards a big advantage over their USB counterparts.

5. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

intel and tplink are good. i used to really link dlink but haven't used anything wifi from them in years. tplink is on sale at amazon right now. $20-40 will get you one.

6. vick1000

vick1000 [H]ard|Gawd

7. HiryuuX

HiryuuX Limp Gawd

8. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

^ that's a good option, cheap too!

9. peppergomez

peppergomez Gawd