Recommendations for tower defense games?

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
I am a fan of the old style tower defense games from Warcraft 3. I don't enjoy the more abstract games like desktop tower defense, something with a bit more interesting graphics and the ability to maze (not just a set road where you put towers beside it, but one where you create your own maze) is essential. Any ideas on some flash games I could try?

Give the Gemcraft series a try. There's Gemcraft, Gemcraft Chapter 0, and Gemcraft Labyrinth (released in that order).

The first TD game I ever played was Vector TD, and I quite enjoyed it. I see there's been several versions of it since then but I haven't looked at them.

I guess they don't maze, but they are still different enough to have a look at.

bubble tanks TD 1.5

the graphics are pretty bland but good mazing, easy and medium are a cake walk to get perfects on if you are a WC3 TD player. later you can combine 4 upgraded towers in a hybrid tower also 4 hybrid towers in to a super hybrid tower. basically 16 towers combined in to one.

cursed treasure is doesn't let you maze but getting perfect scores on every map is quite a challenge. i really enjoyed it.

I don't know if you would like it, but Bloons Tower Defense 4 was really fun for me. It used to be downloadable but the installer doesn't work anymore. Great game though, quite fun!
Oh sorry I didn't know you didn't want one that you just put the units down next to a road :/

Last edited by a moderator:
http://onslaught.playr.co.uk/

I've always liked this one, and have posted it here a few times over the years. It seems simple enough but as you move one you can start to build "combo" towers which add a neat extra element to the game. Be sure to check the help section on how to work the combos as its not immediately obvious. And there is no end, the waves just keep coming until you're overwhelmed. I don't know if there is a level editor, though.

Give the Gemcraft series a try. There's Gemcraft, Gemcraft Chapter 0, and Gemcraft Labyrinth (released in that order).

The first TD game I ever played was Vector TD, and I quite enjoyed it. I see there's been several versions of it since then but I haven't looked at them.

I guess they don't maze, but they are still different enough to have a look at.

+1 Gemcraft is my favorite TD

thirding Gemcraft. I actually went premium on Labyrinth. Bloons torques me off because they limit it too much for non-paid users.

Level 879 on Labyrinth, last time I played.

There are some pretty decent full TD games out there now, if you're not tied to playing them only in Flash. Defense Grid and Sanctum are both very good, and not very expensive.

Grave Defense HD...they've been updating it w/new content pretty steadily and it's actually decently challenging on the advanced difficulties.

That Kingdom Rush is a lot of fun! Just tried it out last night.

Got to the one level where the huge huge white sasquatch guy comes from the top then hits the ground and freezes your towers. Played that level about 4 times. Can't bring him down! And it doesn't matter how much life you have, if he makes it, you lose.

Have not tried it on the phone but heard dungeon defenders is solid.

Just finished Kingdom Rush on all levels..not bad wasted a few hours of life.

I have 3 stars on all but 3 of the levels (I think the 3 before the very last level) in Kingdom Rush, and I'm pretty sure it will take a minor miracle for me to finish those off. I can't do it.

I am a fan of the old style tower defense games from Warcraft 3. I don't enjoy the more abstract games like desktop tower defense, something with a bit more interesting graphics and the ability to maze (not just a set road where you put towers beside it, but one where you create your own maze) is essential. Any ideas on some flash games I could try?
Why not try to be on the flip side of that equation. Be in charge of waves of minions and try to break through the tower defenses. http://rocketgames.com/play.php?id=535

i've been playing Sentinel 3 on android recently... that's pretty fun... not really any mazing though....

Woo just beat kingdom rush, pretty tough but really well done. Really fun little browser TD. wish there were more like that out there.

On android I have played Robo Defense and Tower Raiders.

IMO, Tower Raiders was pretty good, check it out, I've sunk a few good hours into that game on my phone.

Jelly Defense was the free Amazon app the other day, it's pretty fun and surprisingly difficult.

Jelly Defense! It's an interesting twist to you regular tower defense. Other popular ones that I've played are Tower Defense Gold and Hex Defense.

Jelly Defense! It's an interesting twist to you regular tower defense. Other popular ones that I've played are Tower Defense Gold and Hex Defense.

I'll second this. It's a ton of fun if you have a tablet to play on.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Defenders

easily one of the more difficult TD games avalible. Requires a lot of strategy.

Back