Recommendations for sub-$500 27" 1440p monitor?

cbliss1000

Limp Gawd
My current monitor just ate the dust and I'm due for an upgrade. I'll likely be building a computer from scratch in the coming 6 months so can upgrade my GPU as needed (currently running a 7850). Primary use will be gaming (Fallout 4....).
Thoughts? I'm not particularly sensitive to things like color bleed and I'm vaguely budget-minded.

I can only recommend the BenQ XL2730Z. But it's out of stock at Amazon, BenQ's website has it for 569 though. I've been using it for a couple months and I really like it.

I don't know anything about that. It can't suck that much though. haha

Just buy the XL2730Z from Amazon, I purchased one yesterday for $529 just to give it a test run despite it being out of stock and not expecting stock till Oct 26th and here's the email I got from them today:

We have good news! We’re able to get your order to you sooner than we originally promised. Your new estimated delivery dates are listed below.Your new estimated delivery date is: Thursday, October 22, 2015

Your previous estimated delivery date: Thursday, October 29, 2015
Your shipping speed:
Two-Day Shipping

My current monitor just ate the dust and I'm due for an upgrade. I'll likely be building a computer from scratch in the coming 6 months so can upgrade my GPU as needed (currently running a 7850). Primary use will be gaming (Fallout 4....).
Thoughts? I'm not particularly sensitive to things like color bleed and I'm vaguely budget-minded.

If you plan on buying another AMD card spend the extra on the Asus MG279Q (more information & review links) which has Free-Sync which eliminates screen tearing, stutter and lag.

If you can spend the extra cash for the MG279Q then definitely go for it. I have the gsync version of that monitor the Acer XB270HU and have been very happy with it. Only 2 things you should take note of is the somewhat limited freesync range of 35-90Hz, and that it shares the same panel as the Acer XB270HU which has been plagued by bad QC and also suffers from a bit of IPS glow.

Back