Recommendations for new monitor (Gaming/Web)

NIZMOZ

2[H]4U
I just sold my 27" Apple Cinema to a co-worker, and want to replace it. My budget, $1000~ to $1200 MAX.

Now, I have been looking at the LG Curved 34" Display, and excited about it, but have no experience with that for games, etc. What would you guys recommend for sharp clarify, fast response, and the most desktop space for my budget.

I originally was going to look at getting possibly either 3 24" screens or 3" 27" screens of all the same type too.

I run a GTX 780 as well.

Good luck running that either the 34" LG curved, or even the 3 27" monitors with that GTX 780. No way in hell that will work.

Either get the GTX 980, or the AMD 290X.

The guy at work who bought my 27 has the LG non-curved 34" one with a 780 gtx and plays games fine he said.

Running on mine at full resolution, it runs at 170 fps in most games.

And even one monitor would still work for me as well as long as it's a awesome one for gaming.

I have the LG 34UM94-P with a GTX 780 Classified. Gaming is great. Often, you will want to turn down "AA", but at that resolution, it doesn't buy you much. Plus, there are some games that will require you to back off the "Ultra" settings, but again, no big loss IMO.

Do you not know about GSYNC? If you're considering a gaming monitor it is the only way to go IMO. The Acer Predator XR341CK 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync sounds like the ideal monitor for you but that would be a long wait.

The Acer XB270HU shouldn't be too long of a wait though, and if you really can't wait I would go with a ROG Swift.

How long of a wait is the Acer Pred? Acer has never been a good brand for monitors, so unsure how those would be. Will look into the ROG as well.

I did just see this LG: 31MU97

4k display any thoughts on that one?

How long of a wait is the Acer Pred? Acer has never been a good brand for monitors, so unsure how those would be. Will look into the ROG as well.

I did just see this LG: 31MU97

4k display any thoughts on that one?

They said 2015 Q2 for the Pred, but who knows how long it will really be.

I would look at this thread http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1849035 for info on the Acer XB270HU. Reviews are out now and everyone pretty much concludes it is the best gaming monitor there is. It is basically a ROG Swift with IPS instead of TN. 144hz, 2560x1440, and GSYNC. But I don't think you can find it for sale yet. The ROG Swift has been out for over 6 months now and you should be able to get one without too much trouble.

While 4k resolution is nice you're stuck to 60 or lower fps. Going from 60 to 100+ fps makes a HUGE difference in gaming and so does GSYNC. Once you use these you won't want to go back to plain old 60 hz.

I have the LG 34UM94-P with a GTX 780 Classified. Gaming is great. Often, you will want to turn down "AA", but at that resolution, it doesn't buy you much. Plus, there are some games that will require you to back off the "Ultra" settings, but again, no big loss IMO.

LOL. Gaming is great, especially when you turn off everything that makes it not look like crap. Even at that DPI, 2x AA is a must, at a minimum. And Ultra settings are obviously way better than the alternative. So, yeah, a 780 isn't enough.

Back