Recommendations for monitor under $600?

J87X

Limp Gawd
Will be used primarily for gaming and movies. I would imagine that anything bigger than 32" would be too big for using at close distance. HDMI and component inputs would probably be ideal since I own a PS3 and Wii.

The one I'm looking at now is a Vizio 32" 120hz HDTV, and I'm betting most of you will think it's a bad choice, especially for a PC monitor, but I have reasons for considering it.
1) I realize that it is not true 120hz, and that it adds fake frames in between other frames, but I actually like this for games as it doubles the frame rate without requiring any extra hardware power. With a true 120hz monitor, I would have to make sure my video card is always up to date and capable of pumping out 120 fps. Also a true 120hz monitor wouldn't affect consoles connected to it.
2) I'm aware that this "fake" 120hz supposedly causes input lag, but I have played games on my friend's 240hz vizio and I didn't notice any lag whatsoever, so I doubt I will notice input lag with a mouse when gaming (I'm not that into competitive gaming anyway).

The only reason I would want a true 120hz monitor is for the 3D, but last I checked the only ones available were only 22" and TN panels.

Any suggestions appreciated. If there are any other good monitors coming out this year, I'm willing to wait.

Last edited:
I saw the LCD you linked at walmart tv section. Tell you the truth i was there for a good old hour comparing that and the other name brands 120hz LCD. I find that the vizio tend to have smoother video playback than the other. Even thought is not true 120hz the fluid motion of video playback just seem easier on my eyes and more enjoying to watch lol.

Back