Recommendations for Linux+

Strykar

Limp Gawd
This has become a very desired certification in my area and I was curious if anyone had any general recommendations for picking up the cert quickly (if possible). I've used Linux plenty before, but most of the time it's just basic browsing/media viewing. Since this is an area I plan to delve much deeper into the future, I will probably start working on RHCE as well, but any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

How - Linux+ is a now desired cert? I would think that Secuirty+ or Net+ are very better but if that is what lights you up on the resume, just get the Sybex Linux+ 3rd Edition from Amazon and study it. Along with taking the practice exams on www.passitnow.com.

That is what I did for both my Linux+ (obtained last week) and my RHCT.

Good luck!

There seems to be a shortage in Linux/Unix techs.
I doubled my pay by learning Unix.

There seems to be a shortage in Linux/Unix techs.
I doubled my pay by learning Unix.

Nice.

Yea it is weird, I use to do a shit load of unix work on like dec alpha boxes and sun systems but I've almost switched over to supporting windows server 2003 small business server and std server.

IBM is rather prominent where I live, so I'm hoping to attain employment there. Thanks for the links and comments everyone!

Back