Recommendations for a Sub $200 Closed Headphone for Gaming

BurntToast

2[H]4U
Preferably $150 or even $100. I hear more talk about open headphones, but I don't want to be disturbed by outside noises. Any recommendations for an amp as well? Nothing too crazy expensive either.

What sound card will you be using with it? How much music will you listen to with these headphones?

If you're planning to run S/PDIF out to a desktop headphone amp, I'd suggest running it from an X-Fi for gaming--CMSS-3D makes a big difference in spatialization on stereo headphones.

If you don't own a decent soundcard like the X-Fi, Auzen or Omega, I'd recommend skipping the expensive and looking at the Corsair HS1, which I own and love; they're USB (sound-card independent). You can read Earl's review stickied at the top of this sub-forum.

Grab up the DT770 for 169 with free shipping. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/92801-REG/Beyerdynamic_459046_DT_770_Pro_Headphone.html

They are closed so will block out noise from escaping and coming in.And they have a good sound stage for games.Not to mention the bass will melt your brains if your into that.Then you could grab up a Cmoy amp for around 50 and be sitting pretty.

Whats the diff between those and these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0024NK36C

?

Ive heard the pair i just linked.. my cousin bought them and wow they sound good. I had some ath-a700 and there was no comparison, the dt770 were soo much better. Im not too much of a headphone guy so i just ended up selling the a700s :(

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The premium is the better headphone though its treble can be bright and harsh.Both are good and the Pro is the cheaper of the two.

The one's linked from Amazon are the newer variants, also called 2005/05+/consumer edition. I've owned both, and I feel the newer one has a more balanced sound. The older ones are definite bass monsters though, but at the cost of the rest of the sound spectrum. Also the ones you linked are 32ohm, so more efficient than the older ones (80 ohms) would likely run better from a sound card.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would get the Denon D2000 or Beyer 880 but the 770 is a solid if BASSY can. Just be warned that it can kill your ears. Do not CRANK them. No need with that bass response.

Back