Recommendations for a Non-Wave Shooter VR Game?

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
Got a few steam gift cards for christmas and wanted to see what others recommendation for non-wave shooters for the Vive..

Got fallout 4 vr and enjoying it but what else is out there that is a good non-wave shooter type game (locomotion seems to be the #1 issue right now with creating that epic VR game)

I just got Ultrawings and the sensation of flight really impressed me.

The best thing I've seen in VR so far is the new area of Rez, but it doesn't last very long.

Dude....get Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Handgrenades. There's a reason it is Overwhelmingly positive reviews. Shit, I'm going to jump in now and pop off a few rounds

star trek bridge crew is fun! tho slow. just like star trek!

I was seriously impressed by how seamless the cross-platform compatibility is - while it's not an overly complex process, gameplay-wise, you cannot tell who is a PSVR player or who is PC. The fact that non-vr players can also jump in is neat too.

I was seriously impressed by how seamless the cross-platform compatibility is - while it's not an overly complex process, gameplay-wise, you cannot tell who is a PSVR player or who is PC. The fact that non-vr players can also jump in is neat too.

yeah that was the main reason i got it, my friend has PSVR and wanted to play. I was gonna get Eve Valkyrie for that reason too but I read that while you can play cross-play you can't actually team-up, not sure if that's still accurate though..

"I Expect You To Die" is a short, but fun "escape the room" puzzle game. The game's intro movie is a good demo for first-time VR users, especially if you have the view mirrored onto a television so you can watch them react to the different scenes.

Dude....get Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Handgrenades. There's a reason it is Overwhelmingly positive reviews. Shit, I'm going to jump in now and pop off a few rounds

Heck yeah! H3VR is crazy fun! It's not just a shooting gallery, it has some pretty fun modes to play as well, like the Gunnasium, Take and Hold, the Arena, M.E.A.T.S., etc. and the guy who makes the game(Anton) is crazy devoted to weapons and is constantly updating it, every week it seems like a new weapon or a new mode is added!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DhcadsG-X9iUXta0rCDNA/videos?disable_polymer=1

this guy reviews several of the MR headsets.. in short, if you can get one for super cheap sure they're good value, but the hand tracking is a deal-breaker for me as lots of shooters will lose track of your hands if you look away from them..

here in canada they are the same price as the rift most of the time, so actually when I got my rift on boxing day it was $100 less than the MR headsets. YMMV

to answer your question though my experience has been great, my system is basically min-spec but everything seems to run fine, even if some games (echo arena) set everything to "low" it still looks fine to me. I haven't done extensive performance testing, i'm sure lots of things are running in ASW (half frame rate interpolated to 90) but does seem perfectly fine to me. your system would be much better i'm sure.

Back