Recommendation wanted for a reliable USB hub

peppergomez

2[H]4U
I brought this USB hub in December of 2020 and since then I've pretty much been tolerating it being flaky. Not so long after buying it and plugging it in, Windows would stop recognizing it as a valid USB Device. I've just reinstalled Windows and the same thing is happening. Sometimes things that I plug into it will drop in-and-out like external hard drives.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GLP8SD1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe this is what I get for buying an inexpensive one. I'm using a laptop with only 3 USB ports so I definitely need a USB hub for external drives and peripherals. Can someone recommend one that doesn't suck?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
RGB keyboard, various game controller types, webcam, a couple of the ports I used purely for charging things like phones, switch, etc. I liked that it had its own power cord.

RGB keyboard, various game controller types, webcam, a couple of the ports I used purely for charging things like phones, switch, etc. I liked that it had its own power cord.
Similar to me with mine except I also plug in external drives

Back