Recommendation for gaming case with power button on front panel and NOT on top.

Hi,

I need a new case for a new gaming build. I was looking at $100-200 range. A main requisite is that the power button/reset buttons CANNOT be located on top of the case, they need to be on the front panel. I have looked around but most manufacturers place it on top nowadays. I have two cats who love to use my PC case as a stepping stool of sorts, so I rather not have them constantly step on the power button. As a disclaimer, I will not get rid of the cats to solve the issue. I love those cats. Thanks!

Hi,

I need a new case for a new gaming build. I was looking at $100-200 range. A main requisite is that the power button/reset buttons CANNOT be located on top of the case, they need to be on the front panel. I have looked around but most manufacturers place it on top nowadays. I have two cats who love to use my PC case as a stepping stool of sorts, so I rather not have them constantly step on the power button. As a disclaimer, I will not get rid of the cats to solve the issue. I love those cats. Thanks!
not sure about the case but you can always disable the power button in the power plan so they dont turn it off on you. also, my case in sig's power button is on top but it is very firm and would not get depressed by a cat.

I just bought the Q500L.

Might be a bit hot or cramped though.
Still, the buttons aren't on the top, so hopefully that makes you happy.

Be good to your cats and they will be good to you.
Feel free to mod your case however you need. It's yours, so make it work for you.

Gaming case is kind of a broad category. I have a Lian Li O11 Dynamic and everything is on the front panel. Might get dusty though with animals climbing on it.

Thank you guys for the quick responses. I currently own a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower, and they already broke the power button switch twice. I am currently jump starting the motherboard with a wire. I love the Phantek cases but they all have the power button on top unfortunately.
@pendragon1 it might be a stupid question, but how would I turn the pc on if I disable the power switch? Would I have to do what I'm doing now (jumpstarting)?
@kirbyrj, Aegir, atarione I am checking those cases out online now, thanks!

Thank you guys for the quick responses. I currently own a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower, and they already broke the power button switch twice. I am currently jump starting the motherboard with a wire. I love the Phantek cases but they all have the power button on top unfortunately.
@pendragon1 it might be a stupid question, but how would I turn the pc on if I disable the power switch? Would I have to do what I'm doing now (jumpstarting)?
@kirbyrj, Aegir, atarione I am checking those cases out online now, thanks!
no, it will still power up from off but in windows youd have to click start>power>shutdown. why dont you just mod a new power button into the front?

no, it will still power up from off but in windows youd have to click start>power>shutdown. why dont you just mod a new power button into the front?
OMG Are you saying I can set it to only turn on but never off? I always turn off computer using Windows anyways, so it wouldnt be more work for me. Goddamit, I could have avoided so much work (and expenses) if I had knwon that. So when you say "power plan", do you mean in Windows or in Bios?

OMG Are you saying I can set it to only turn on but never off? I always turn off computer using Windows anyways, so it wouldnt be more work for me. Goddamit, I could have avoided so much work (and expenses) if I had knwon that. So when you say "power plan", do you mean in Windows or in Bios?
under window power plan advanced settings there should be a section for power button
I went into Windows Power Plan and set it to "Do Nothing". I imagine that is what you meant?

yup

cover the power button with a moderately sturdy piece of plastic on a hinge?

Lift to click, cover the rest of the time to foil the cats.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
cover the power button with a moderately sturdy piece of plastic on a hinge?

Lift to click, cover the rest of the time to foil the cats.
I taped a coin over my ups's power button because I was always turning it off with my foot (gotta have my foot on something). Little electrical tape and a dime does wonders...

Fold a couple milimeters of the tape over so you have a flap you can easily pull up on. ;)

Back