Recommendation for cheap used Android phone for Walabot

jw2k_fr

Limp Gawd
I'm hoping to get some recommendations for a decent used Android phone I can pick up either in the forums or on fleaBay.
I've been an iPhone user for over ten years now and have lost touch with what is worth having and what isn't.

I'm looking to spend as little as possible, ideally $20 or less and google tells me the requirements for the App are as follows:

Walabot DIY, Walabot DIY PLus and Walabot DIY Plus X are compatible with phones that run
Android 7.0 or above
with USB On-the-Go (OTG) support.

Please note that the phone you use with the Walabot does not require a cell or data connection

For those reasons, I don't care about 5G or similar - I can probably even use a locked phone as I will only be using WiFi.
I'd rather get more cores and better storage/memory

I'd be interested in pointers regarding which brands tend to have reliability issues, and which manufacturers
tend to keep their products updated for the longest period of time (for Android updates etc.)

Also, which models lend themselves to third party ROMS or updates - been I while since I looked at Cyanogen
or anything similar... that name alone probably dates my knowledge ;)

I last had a motorola Droid X2, which was a pain for the amount of crap Motorola put on top of the Android OS,
so ideally I'd like something as clean as possible, or with an easy flash to a clean Android build.

So, what would you think I could get for my dollahs?!

I have a FS/FT thread I'm going to be updating this week, so if you have something, don't hesitate to post there.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance!

I think getting any working phone of the past few years for $20 is unlikely, but best of luck!

I never had a droid but found most modern motos are rather clean and don't come with much installed other then whats needed to use the phone.
Thanks! I think it can often come down to the network provider - the LG Stylo 3 plus from MetroPCS wasn't too bad. There's a nag screen that comes up every now and then to get with "MetroPCSworld" but that's about it.

There's about to be a bunch of used unlocked Pixel 3a as soon as the 5a starts shipping

Back