recommend wireless 'scanner' like netstumbler?

venm11

2[H]4U
I used to use netstumbler to browse wireless networks and devices. But, it no longer works, due to either an incompatibility with current Windowses or adapters.

Can anyone recommend anything? I need something to troubleshoot utilization issues and hopefully figure out which neighbors are chewing up all the bandwidth (if that's what's occurring).

I'm aware that there are android apps, but I need something for windows.

inSSIDer was what I would usually recommend for its ease of use in Windows. They unfortunately went from freeware to a paid model earlier this year, but you can still download the old versions.

Versions 2.x were the last thin/streamlined version.
Versions 3.x are the newest, but things were starting to get a bit bloated.

Version 2 was open source - been hoping someone picks up the code and makes a name for them self.

NetSurveyor also works pretty well.

I would try inSSIDer on windows, metageek also has a channel analyzer that might be useful.

If you have access to a Mac I highly recommend netspot, it's an amazing tool, super powerful or even iStumbler which is like windows netstumbler but has many more features.

I would try inSSIDer on windows, metageek also has a channel analyzer that might be useful.

If you have access to a Mac I highly recommend netspot, it's an amazing tool, super powerful or even iStumbler which is like windows netstumbler but has many more features.

Ok so... i downloaded chanalyzer from metageek and... it's less obvious. i'll need to learn how to use it.

BUT... why, immediately after installing it, did my firefox fonts change? Heh? That's sort of peculiar, isn't it?

yeah. certain pages that used arial are now showing in times new roman. wtf?

Back