Recommend some single player games for my lappy!

So about all I've been playing for the last 6 months or so is WoW and haven't kept up with single player games. Now I'm looking for something decent to play during school where I don't have internet access. Here is my laptop specs

2.6 ghz 4000+, 1GB PC3200, and a Radeon X600.

I know I'm not going to be able to do much with FEAR and the AAA titles, but what's out there that's good, not too old, and playable on this system?

Spanner said:
have you tried Far Cry on it?

Nope, but I probably have a copy of it laying around somewhere. I got about halfway through it on my desktop and just never finished it. Good suggestion :)

Farcry (the FUN!)
HL2
COD2 (REALLY GOOD)
Fear
Play Stubbs the Zombie - Rebel Without a Pulse (very good)
Age of Empires 3 (FUN)
Quake4 (I didn't like but most people do)

trackmania nations seems like a good lappy game. All you need to use is the arrow keys, and it runs well on lower end systems. Finally, the full game is free!

Games I have installed on my Laptop:

Abuse
Age of Mythology
Doom (jDoom w/ Doom1, 2, Plutonium expansion thingy, all those stuffs)
Duke3d
Hoyle Friday Night Poker (Texas Holdem)
Quake 1

All will run pretty well on any system these days, plus its a good mix of different types of genres, some FPS, some RTS, some card game, and a 2D side scroller arcade shooter. Nothing wrong with a bit of old school either... I once had GTR installed but my X300 w/ 64MB of RAM isn't really gonna make anything look great, however I had bought my laptop for productivity in mind...

I'm playing Republic Commando again...much fun. Of course, you should play everything on super hard to squeeze the most out of it for the time away at school ;)

Max Payne 1 & 2
NOLF 1 & 2
Deus Ex (most kickass fps ever)
Starcraft + Brood Wars
Warcraft3 + Frozen Throne
HL1
UT(any version... botmatch)
Quake2
KOTOR 1/2 (Highly recommended)
RTCW
Star Trek Elite Force 1/2
Kingpin :p

All of those should run fine on X600.

If you can get Farcry to run decently, it's a really amazing FPS. Quake4 starts out kinda lame and dark like doom3, but still has its moments. HL2 also will work fine since it's so friendly to ATI, but it's a turd and I wouldn't recommend it.

Back