Recommend some games for me

CaptPeteJ

n00b
Hey Guys,
I grew up playing the ID games (Doom, wolfenstein, etc), loved warcraft 3 too. My last gaming pc was a AMD opteron 144, DFI lanparty mb, 7800gt, etc.... Life got in the way and I haven't played on a PC in a long time(2008 ish), but I recently built a Ryzen 3600, 5700XT machine and started "updating" myself a bit.

So far I've played through and liked these:
Metro Exodus
Doom 2016
Wolfenstein new colossus

Games that I didn't stick with for one reason or another:
middle earth shadow of war
Rise of the tomb raider (may give this one a bit more time)
Dota 2

I don't play muiltiplayer, and my internet connection sucks at home (I live in the sticks)

Games I've enjoyed on consoles:
Fallout 3, new vegas, 4
Borderlands 1+2
Rage
horizon zero dawn

Ones I'm looking forward too:
Borderlands 3
Doom Eternal
Warcraft 3 reforged

I'm open to a bit older games (and my wallet likes those too), what would you suggest I pick up next?

Sounds easy enough as a bunch of the games you like have prequels or sequels.

Metro 2033 redux and Metro: Last light redux (more linear then exodus afaik, not that far in exodus yet)
Wolfenstein new order and old blood
Boderlands the pre-sequel (imo not as good as 2 but better then 1)

Other than that you could look into the Bioshock series which is highly rated, there are a couple Deus Ex games (hulman revolution and mankind divided) which are decent story driven FPS/RPG hybrids.

Quantum break is a game I enjoyed a lot

If you like mindless shooting, the 2 shadow warrior games reboot are fun.

Also have a look at dying light, older game, still well supported

Witcher 3 (Game of the year by.....Everyone? Probably the best game I’ve ever played)

Path of Exile (Best action RPG ever, and free)

Faster than Light (incredibly addicting gameplay despite dated graphics)

Wolfenstein New Order (much better game than New Collosus)

Nioh
Dragon's Dogma
Monster Hunter World
Horizon Zero Dawn

Oops my mistake, you are on PC. Well a couple of those might be on PC. Maybe they all are, except Horizon ZD. It is exclusive to Playstation.

Oh I see you played Horizon ZD already. So you have both console and PC. instead of HZD I will list Mad Max. It is good for car combat ( you gotta like car combat ) and there is plenty of down and dirty melee combat too.

Last edited:
ION Fury ia a friggin blast.it's got it's claws buried in me.hot damn.

The Witcher 3 (Best RPG ever)

Far Cry 5

Resident Evil 2 Remake

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (if you liked Metro, you will love it)

Also, there's always Emulators download RetroArch and explore the possibilities!

Thanks all, I'll definitely be picking up a few of these, and yes, I'm mainly looking for PC games, I do have consoles, but would much rather use a mouse and keyboard.

Since you have a PS4, the Uncharted series is a must-play if you haven't already and just forgot to mention it. Also, God of War right there behind it. I loved Horizon Zero Dawn as well.

Back