Recommend PS3 game to pick up today?

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm leaning towards CoD:WaW but I also like the Prince of Persia - never played the previous ones though.

Any recommendations? I already played MGS4 and GTA4. No specific genre, just looking for a good/great game.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is one of those games that came out without a lot of warning and went unnoticed...but it really is a good game. I've seen it around on sale for $40, too.
Others that are worth looking at are Resistance 2, both Call of Duty games, & L4D.

Have not heard good things about Prince of Persia. Evidently it's impossible to die, once you realize there is no risk there is limited reward in continuing to play.

I own Fallout 3 and think its the bomb jiggidy!

I'm playing that and Rockband 2 right now a lot.

Good games to play:
Little Big Planet, fun as heck to play, even better online
Socom, if you like to play online shooters
Resistance 2, awesome shooter

i just found valkyria chronicles for the ps3 on the use market. Great game... just go see the reviews.

AAA title

Above mentioned games are excellent choices. I will add a few more:

Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank

Valkyria Chronicles

Once you get access to the R&D dept., the game is seriously hard to put down. I think it's the funnest tactical/strategic rpg I've played since FFTactics (the original).

Oh, and buy it new. Support developers that make great & unique games!

Yeah I have Ratchet and Clank and it was awesome, may d/l the online title that came out.

I think for me right now, it's b/w CoD and Resistance.

Ratched & Clank is certainly a lot of fun.
Resistance 1 was great if you havent played it. I played co-op with my room mates and it was awesome. Haven't played 2 yet.

Valkyria Chronicles is sitting in my backpack right now from gamefly, I'm excited...

Have not heard good things about Prince of Persia. Evidently it's impossible to die, once you realize there is no risk there is limited reward in continuing to play.

I found the story really interesting and finished the game within a week. Everybodys bitching about not being able to die, it's still the same as any other PoP, just skipping the reload in a more "realistic" way. Great game.

Yeah I have Ratchet and Clank and it was awesome, may d/l the online title that came out.

I think for me right now, it's b/w CoD and Resistance.

In that case, I'd go Resistance (I assume you mean Resistance 2). Online supports 60 players, has a leveling up system, and the single player campaign is a good 8-10 hours.

How far back are you going...and do you own other systems? I probably should've asked that earlier :)

ughhh stay away from Prince of Persia...the combat in it is boring (only 1 enemy at a time?? cmon!), nothing really takes off, you just do the same thing over and over again. The game was really easy, not challenging at all.

I would get Burnout: Paradise if you can find it used anywhere. Tons of playing value....also look into Fight Night Round 3 also, that's a good game if you like boxing. Also try and find MGS4 at a good price if you can, that game is good too.

I'm leaning towards CoD:WaW but I also like the Prince of Persia - never played the previous ones though.

Any recommendations? I already played MGS4 and GTA4. No specific genre, just looking for a good/great game.

warhawk + expansions. Best/most underrated game on the ps3.

ughhh stay away from Prince of Persia...the combat in it is boring (only 1 enemy at a time?? cmon!), nothing really takes off, you just do the same thing over and over again. The game was really easy, not challenging at all.

I would get Burnout: Paradise if you can find it used anywhere. Tons of playing value....also look into Fight Night Round 3 also, that's a good game if you like boxing. Also try and find MGS4 at a good price if you can, that game is good too.

Agree about the Prince of Persia. Heavenly Sword and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are better if you like that kind of games.

:( Prince of Persia... It was good initally then go very repetitive. I almost didn't finish it because I lost interest. ihad to get the achievements though. ;)

I personally like Valkyria Chronicals. That is if you can find it. It didn't sell well and the only place around me that still had it was BB. I got one of two copies they had. Its similar to FF tactics (turn based strategy RPG).

War Hawk is a lot of fun online, but the single player is pretty meh. The Darkness is a fun shooter, and under $20 used at most places, no online mode though. If you like racing games, you gotta check out GT5. Little Big Planet is awesome, one of the most innovative titles released in years.

I know I sound like a broken record, but "Dead Space"
Game came out swinging and IMHO, is one of the best games in years.
deadspacemotivationalpozn0.jpg

How far back are you going...and do you own other systems? I probably should've asked that earlier :)

So I got caught late at work yesterday and couldn't get to BB before they closed. I got a PS3 and Wii

Truth be told, I'm looking for a game that'll be good to play when I get my wisdom teeth pulled on the 6th. Something with a great story too. But after reading reviews and stuff, I think I'm probably gonna go Resistance 2 and eventually grab CoD

I don't have Resistance 2, but I can tell you that it's a good game. I played it a lot at a friend's house back in December and even planned on getting it. However I saw Motorstorm 2 for $39 and couldn't pass that up. The neat thing about Resistance 2 is that there are really three games in one. You have the normal campaign, the VS. game, and the co-op game. The co-op is completely new and even has pseudo RPG'ish elements to it. Tons for replay value for sure.

i just beat the campaign this week...its pretty decent, but not in top all time single player modes...

i liked cod5 "story" better, then though it was just a bunch of levels

I would recommend COD WaW over Resistance 2 in a heart beat if those are the two you are trying to decide between.

I know I sound like a broken record, but "Dead Space"
Game came out swinging and IMHO, is one of the best games in years.
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3868/deadspacemotivationalpozn0.jpg
i started playing it, got freaked out in the first 30 mins and haven't had the courage to go back to it :( plus i need to figure out a way to make the PS3 controller work with this lol.

some titles I'm looking at:
Valkyria chronicles
Heavenly Sword
Resistance 1 and 2
GTA4
GT5: Prologue

Resistance 2 is very good, I was lucky a couple of weeks ago, they had a deal at future shop, buy Resistance 2 and get the first one for free. Both are great games.

Assassin's Creed is good as well.

just played thru 2 chapters of valkyria and i have to say i love it! cant wait to play full scale battles!

WipEout HD is worth a look if your into racers too.

Dear god yes. Best game in years. I cannot wait for them to release a "full" installment of the series on the PS3. (HD is WipEout Pulse from the PSP rework for the PS3)

Just for clarity's sake, this is a downloadable title, not in store.

You didnt really listen to anyones recommendations :(

Hahahaha, no I will/did. I'm gonna play this now have it beaten over the weekend and look at the recommendations for the weekend my wisdom teeth are taken out :)

Back