Recommend motherboard for 2600k

krouch

Limp Gawd
Hey Guys,

I have been out of the loop for the latest technology for computers parts for a while now, and I just recently purchased the 2600k from the Intel Summer promotion deal. What kind of motherboard do you guys recommend that will be the perfect match for the 2600k cpu. Willing to spend around $150-200 or so for a mobo. The computer will be mostly for gaming.

I am currently running a q9550 right now.

Thanks Guys!

Hey Guys,

I have been out of the loop for the latest technology for computers parts for a while now, and I just recently purchased the 2600k from the Intel Summer promotion deal. What kind of motherboard do you guys recommend that will be the perfect match for the 2600k cpu. Willing to spend around $150-200 or so for a mobo. The computer will be mostly for gaming.

I am currently running a q9550 right now.

Thanks Guys!

Do you want to overclock?
How many videocards?
Any other cards that need a slot?

Do you want to overclock?
How many videocards?
Any other cards that need a slot?

I will most likely overclock. I am just running 1 video card for now. The nvidia GTX 295. I don't think I will be any needing any other slots.

The cheap ($80 shipped as of today) version of that board really doesn't seem to have any differences for the average user. There have been some complaints that it doesn't overclock, but on the other hand it's basically 50% off which appeals to me quite a bit.

The cheap ($80 shipped as of today) version of that board really doesn't seem to have any differences for the average user. There have been some complaints that it doesn't overclock, but on the other hand it's basically 50% off which appeals to me quite a bit.

>it doesn't overclock

Seems like a waste of a 2600k to me.

I like my P8P67 vanilla, and I understand the P8Z67 line is solid. I'd look into either the P8Z67-V or Pro.

I like 3 boards Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, Asus P8Z68-V or the MSI Z68A-GD65. I think they are all good and should fit your needs well.

At DoomDoomDoom:

if you look around at FS sections, people will buy up a 2600k almost instantly. They bench higher than a 2600 even at stock clocks (for no apparent reason), and they're only $15 more. Down the line, you'll likely get that $15 back when you go to sell it, it opens your options should you decide to build an OC rig, and it'll be a tad faster while you are using it. The 2600 is a waste of the cardboard box it comes in, everyone who builds their own PCs should get the k version.

Back