recommend me some xbox 360 games

Jimi_Shuffler

[H]ard|Gawd
hey all, So last weekend I got myself an xbox 360 elite 120gb (manufactured 1-20-10) from Amazon. I normally play pc games and right now the games I have for the 360 are:

Crackdown
Fight Night Round 3 <--- multiplayer is dead :(
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
High School Musical 3 with dance pad (don't laugh, friend gave it to me for free :cool:)
Chromehounds <--- multiplayer is dead :(
Gears of War
Zoids
Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete <--- multiplayer is dead :(
You're in the Movies with Camera
UFC Undisputed 2009
Final Fantasy XIII
Alan Wake
Amped 3
DW 5 Empires
PGR3
PGA Tour 06
Tekken 6
DW Strikeforce
Deadly Premonition
BFBC
Black Ops
RDR

I'm open to any suggestions, but mainly looking at games that aren't on the pc since I may have it on the pc already. Also, one more thing I'd like to ask, is the kinect worth getting? Or wait it out a bit?

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption
Halo Reach
PGR 4
Forza 3 (though F4 is coming out later this year so you might want to wait for that instead)

Can't say much about the Kinect, as I don't have one, however I do think they're still quite pricey as a 360 accessory.

Kinects are all over Craigslist for dirt cheap so I don't see the harm in getting one. You'll get enjoyment out of it for a while and at least get your money's worth. Just don't expect a huge library of games for it since it's not even a year old yet. It looks like there are some decent titles coming out later this year and early next year. Forza 4 will make use of the Kinect.

Forza 3
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto
Batman: Arkham Asylum
If you have any women in your house at any point you'll want Dance Central too.

alright, thanks for the suggestions, the kinect is gonna be lingering in my head for a bit. so forza 3 and red dead redemption it is.

Can I recommend Project Gotham Racing as I see that you are a racing fan?

Vanquish
Bayonetta
Mortal Kombat
Project Gotham Racing 4 (motorbikes vs cars)
Battlefield Bad Company
Virtua Fighter 5

kinect is worth it if you can spend the money without feeling bad about it. And still have a fair bit of energy after work/life. Imagine it as an amped up Wii that's attached to your xbox360.

Vanquish
Bayonetta
Mortal Kombat
Project Gotham Racing 4 (motorbikes vs cars)
Battlefield Bad Company
Virtua Fighter 5

I tried bayonetta demo on a friend's ps3 a year ago, it was okay.
For battlefield bad company, how is it in comparison to bfbc2? I have bfbc2 on pc thats why. but if its cheap then I don't mind picking it up. and haha at one point I was thinking of getting mx vs atv.

kinect is worth it if you can spend the money without feeling bad about it. And still have a fair bit of energy after work/life. Imagine it as an amped up Wii that's attached to your xbox360.

I still go to the arcades to play rhythm games on one of my days off on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. Been playing DDR/ITG for almost 9years now... (spent a good $5000+ over the years as well) and I recently started to play Pump It Up. I may grab the kinect to keep myself from just being a couch potato at home.

This may sound silly but any of the Lego Games i have played so far have been a blast.

This may sound silly but any of the Lego Games i have played so far have been a blast.

I used to have lego star wars on my pc, it was fun. I played it with myself as the 1st and 2nd player on my keyboard too :p

edit: I just remembered about lego racers on ps1, that game was awesome.

Last edited:
i gotta say i am extremely picky about xbox games since alot of them are junk anyways. here are my pics
sports games
madden, nba 2k11,tiger woods are all good online games

shooters
battlefield 3 comes out october 25th and its gonna rape call of duty hard this time and be the #1 shooter this year
halo is always full of ppl and good times to be had

adventure
fallout 3, new vegas and red dead redemption are my favorite

fighters
by far mortal kombat, i hated street fighter this time, if you dont have a arcade stick street fighter is no fun

I agree. I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but I had a lot of fun playing these games.

Also, Alan Wake was a pretty good 360 exclusive. Gears of War 2 too if you liked the first one.

i gotta say i am extremely picky about xbox games since alot of them are junk anyways. here are my pics
sports games
madden, nba 2k11,tiger woods are all good online games

shooters
battlefield 3 comes out october 25th and its gonna rape call of duty hard this time and be the #1 shooter this year
halo is always full of ppl and good times to be had

adventure
fallout 3, new vegas and red dead redemption are my favorite

fighters
by far mortal kombat, i hated street fighter this time, if you dont have a arcade stick street fighter is no fun

I may pick up the older sports games since they are cheap used. I'm currently playing Halo 3, I just got ODST as well, but ... I'm getting that infamous disc read error. :(
FO3 and New Vegas, I have on pc. But I am looking to get Red Dead Redemption and possibly LA Noire. I tried SF4 on pc with a 360 controller, didn't like the game too much. I have a ps2 tekken 5 arcade stick, I'm going to try to see if I can use a ps2 to xbox 360 adapter so I can just use that for fighting games.

Also, Alan Wake was a pretty good 360 exclusive. Gears of War 2 too if you liked the first one.

My friend actually gave me a digital download code to Alan Wake on XBL, so far the game is pretty good, but I just get creeped out fast, So I'm gonna let other people play it and I'll just spectate :D. GOW 1 I'm currently playing atm, I like the SP more than the MP. The MP is just a little slow for my taste.

Well you have a fairly competent list going on so to add to it

Exclusives:
Gears of War 2
Halo Reach
Forza 3
Crackdown II (It's Crackdown 1.1)

Multiplatform:
Red Dead Redemption
Bayonetta
LA Noire

Future exclusive releases are looking rather bleak. Through the rest of the year expect Gears 3, Halo 1, Forza 4 and a flood of Kinect games not worth mentioning. Multiplatform wise eh I dunno you have Dark Souls, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and maybe one other game I might be forgetting. It's hard to come up with a solid 360 library if you have a PC and especially if you own a PS3 which would make it even more difficult. There is no way I'd get Skyrim, Rage, any FPS, etc on the 360 as opposed to my PC.

That's about it for non Arcade/Live games because you said you wanted games not on the PC otherwise I could have added a lot more to that list such as Skyrim, Rage, Batman AA, BF3, etc. but it's the 360 so your only looking at Gears, Halo and Forza for anything of notable value. The 360 has a great Arcade and Live line up but Kinect games suck, I have it and have played most of them. Unless you like to dance skip it.

Microsoft is pretty much focusing their entire effort on the Kinect which explains the lack of up coming major releases, and I would expect that trend to get worse through 2012.

i only pick up the sports games once they are a year old and super cheap

Back