Recommend me some ram

My second set of Corsair Dominator DDR-2 1250mhz PC210000 has just died, I attribute it to the memory spending its life at 2.4v. The first set I had lasted a week, this set has lasted roughly 10 weeks. I don't want to have to rma this stuff every 10 weeks, so I need some new ram. I will most likely sell the replacement rma set.

I would prefer something that runs at 2.2v or lower and is going to be a good overclocker. I'm looking for a 2x1gb set. It will be used in an EVGA 680i motherboard.

just rma it and keep it at a lower voltage. were you actually running the stuff at 625mhz?

Yes, thats what it's rated for, 1250mhz @ 2.4v 5-5-5-18. It wont boot reliably if I slow it down and drop the voltage.

then how did you boot the first time with stock bios settings... 400mhz and 1.8v? ;)

all right, that makes no sense then. i'll let one of the corsair reps take over from here :p

I wonder if Corsair would let me rma this bad set and get something different in return? Anyone ever tried this? I can't believe they can market this stuff if it just dies after prolonged usage at its rated settings.

Back