Recommend me some ps3 games to buy and some to rent

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, I just got a ps3 and I don't really know what games are good. Which games are worth buying that actually have replay value and good multiplayer and which ones are worth renting that you can beat in 5 good days of playing or so, get your money's worth, and not play again. All i've rented so far is Resistance which I didn't care for much. I couldn't get into it and for some reason the game seemed kinda cheap and not as good as it could have been graphics wise. I do understand it was a launch game and see why. I tend to rely on good graphics, but good gameplay plays a big part as well. Just good game play won't do it for me totally. I also rented Ninja Gaiden Sigma and later find out that it is just a beefed up version graphics wise of ninja gaiden black and the first ninja gaiden for xbox. I've already played it on xbox so it was boring for me. I like first person shooters, action/adventure games, etc. I've played almost all the game titles that are shared with the 360

Rent Ratchent & Clank and Uncharted. There are no exclusive games worth buying. There are many good cross-platform games I'd consider buying, but no exclusives.

Rent Ratchent & Clank and Uncharted. There are no exclusive games worth buying. There are many good cross-platform games I'd consider buying, but no exclusives.

so there's not really any games worth buying right now if i've played practically all the cross platform games already for xbox 360?

Do you know of any games coming out that will be worth buying? MGS4? Turok? Will these have good multiplayer? I only really want to buy games if they have good multiplayer or they are not linear games and I can see myself replaying it multiple times in order to justify blowing $60 on a game.

so there's not really any games worth buying right now if i've played practically all the cross platform games already for xbox 360?

Do you know of any games coming out that will be worth buying? MGS4? Turok? Will these have good multiplayer? I only really want to buy games if they have good multiplayer or they are not linear games and I can see myself replaying it multiple times in order to justify blowing $60 on a game.

Correct, there are really no PS3 exclusive games worth buying right now, which is probably why it's not taking off in sales like the PS2 did. However, there is some hope for good games in 2008. MGS4 and FF13 come to mind, neither of which will have multiplayer. Turok is cross-platform. Most big games these days seem to be going the cross-platform route to offset the cost of development as to not limit potential customers to those who own just one certain system.

I guess its personal preference as to whom thinks a game is worth a buy. Personally, I am very happy with Ratchet, Uncharted, Motorstorm and Unreal Tournament. I do own more titles but the exclusives it has now are good to me. There are also several original PSN titles that I think are fun.

Also, a correction on MGS4, it will have online play as they are bundling MGS4 and MGS Online together.

If you can, take a day off and download demos. Just got my PS3 on Thursday and so tried Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Heavenly Sword and Gundam. R&C is pretty good as a platform game, looks nice (got full version with bundle). Resistance is ok, definately worth a rent, not really a buy. Gundam is like Diablo with mindless button mashing, but there's something about it that I hate and really like... Heavenly Sword actually seems REALLY good despite the 10 minute demo; it's suppose to be really short but it looks like it's replayable. Uncharted seems like a must buy.

Buys: Warhawk, UT3, Eye of Jugdment

Rent: Heavenly Sword, Ratchet, Uncharted, Folklore, Motorstrom, Ridge Racer 7

PSN Titles: Super Stardust HD, Everyday Shooter, Calling All Cars

Super Stardust HD is awesome and worth every penny. UT3, no questions.

There are no other exclusive games worth buying on the PS3. Definitely pick up Skate if you haven't played it on 360, but that's about it.

MGS4 and FF13 come to mind, neither of which will have multiplayer.

MGS4 will be bundled with Metal Gear Online. :cool:

http://dev.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50392

Also, Super Stardust HD is definitely worth $10. As others have said, you might want to rent Uncharted. I got it for x-mas and so far I'm 48% of the way through the game with 5 hours of play-time...and I'm really taking time to explore. It's an excellent game, but even to a casual gamer like myself, I seem to be cruisin' through it quite briskly.

Back