recommend me an ethernet adapter [nic]

antok86

[H]F Junkie
im looking for an ethernet adapter that is better than what i have now, which is onboard Ethernet on my nvidia 410 chipset. im looking preferably for a pci-e 1x Ethernet card. but also something that works very well with vista x64 and a linksys wrt54g. so let me know which to get thanks!

I've always had great experience in windows and linux with Realtek NIC's. I've always loved intel NIC's as well. Can't really go wrong with either. :)

Any NIC should work well with your OS, and your router. Just need the right drivers for the NIC and your set. I've used multiple Intel NIC's in a x64 & ia64 environments with no issues.

Here's a decent intel NIC..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106121

I would not get anything that does not have 1000mbps support. Yes, you may be on a 10/100 network, but you never know when you might be able to fully use your NIC.

If you buy that you may as well shoot yourself in the foot. Buy Intel NICs, stay away from Realtek.

The PCIe 1x model is the 1000PT. Newegg doesn't carry it - something I've been rather upset about for quite some time now. CDW: [Link]

The PCI model is the 1000GT. Newegg has that.

You could also look got 1000MT or 1000XT. All good network cards.

If you buy that you may as well shoot yourself in the foot. Buy Intel NICs, stay away from Realtek.

The PCIe 1x model is the 1000PT. Newegg doesn't carry it - something I've been rather upset about for quite some time now. CDW: [Link]

The PCI model is the 1000GT. Newegg has that.

You could also look got 1000MT or 1000XT. All good network cards.

hey thanks ill look into those models

Most of the nForce based NICs have shown to be great performers. Low latency, low CPU utilization. The ones I've had in the past were excellent, while playing online...to the very same game server as other nearly identicle rigs on my network..they were usually one of the lower latency NICs.

Back