Recommend me a video card.

creedAMD

2[H]4U
Hey all, I need to replace a client's 6800NU with something pci express that will be as good if not better. What some of my choices? He's happy with the performance of the 6800NU but wants to switch to an FX-55. I know the vc will be the bottleneck but he wants to put more into the mobo/cpu at this point. Is there a good bang for the buck card at this price point? (The price point that hovers over 6800NU performance.)

Thanks!

creedAMD said:
Hey all, I need to replace a client's 6800NU with something pci express that will be as good if not better. What some of my choices? He's happy with the performance of the 6800NU but wants to switch to an FX-55. I know the vc will be the bottleneck but he wants to put more into the mobo/cpu at this point. Is there a good bang for the buck card at this price point? (The price point that hovers over 6800NU performance.)

Thanks!

7600gt or 7900gt

Also, tell him to not waste cash on the fx-55, and instead get a dual core processor like the x2-4600, which will perform better in multi threaded apps (which is where things are all going!)
f

nm, the 4600 is 100 bucks more than the fx55, I'd rather do the fx55 for now.

Dual core is the way to go, but get the 3800+ and overclock. He'll be happy, I promise. As for motherboards, just about any 939 mobo will run a dual core chip, just make sure to upgrade to the latest bios.

Back