Recommend me a tuner

jcll2002

2[H]4U
I have this tv tuner but i dont have any more pci slots so i need either a usb tuner or a pcie x1. I was looking at this but its hard to find in stock at a reasonable price.

So, I come to you guys. I dont really record the tv, just watch it. I also might want to hook up a ps2 to it or something but the quality of the video+audo while watching tv is much more important to me.

BTW, I'll be watching tv @ 1680x1050. I will also be using the coaxial input.

BTW I'd like to stay <$90 (the less the merrier :))

if you looked in the link i provided (;)) i have the pro550 and i really like it :). Any other choices than the X1 because its hard to find?

also does SD mean standard definition? Is there anything i can get that will look better on 1680x1050? Im just using the cable straight from the wall, no box or hd box or anything like that.

jcll2002 said:
if you looked in the link i provided (;)) i have the pro550 and i really like it :). Any other choices than the X1 because its hard to find?

also does SD mean standard definition? Is there anything i can get that will look better on 1680x1050? Im just using the cable straight from the wall, no box or hd box or anything like that.
I did after i posted, sorry:) x1 was on newegg for while, don't know what happened to it....

anyway,
SD does mean standard definition, i would get a QAM HD tuner, use that to get what content you can off cable, you will get a lot of prime time shows in 1080i (1920x1080 interlaced) and 720p (1280x720 Progressive) they are just going to look great, you move up from 640x480i like 3 to 5 times more pixels....
for QAM tuners, i would prolly go with this.

http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_in...tv-tuner-card-atsc-qam/cName/hdtv-tuner-cards

PCI-E atsc and qam tuners are hard to come by, fyi....

it could also be usb... or are there none of those also

what about a HD usb tuner that goes over the air? I have spotty broadcasting in my area, but couldnt i just hook up the coaxial to that? (just an idea, you know more than i do)

jcll2002 said:
what about a HD usb tuner that goes over the air? I have spotty broadcasting in my area, but couldnt i just hook up the coaxial to that? (just an idea, you know more than i do)
Answered many times, the newest would be found here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1124558
jcll2002 said:
i was looking at this because of its high res support (1600*1200. i use 1680*1050).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16815100143
Utter bullshit. HD is broadcasted in either 1920x1080 or 1280x720. That is HDTV. It does not come in 1600x1200 (although that is considered "HD" in the sense that it is a high definition resolution). What you linked to is a video upscaler and I'm willing to bet it doesn't do a very good job of it.
anybody? best usb or pcie x1 tuner <$100?
Already answered by gjvrieze.

just XP home. I have Snapstream Beyond TV 4

do i get any cables or anything like that? (do i need anything else is what im asking)

It's OEM, you just get the card. As for remotes I like the MCE remote myself but you'll the drivers for it if you're running Home (you can get them from a Pro or MCE disc).

dammit the one i linked is no longer available.

so, im back to the question:

best USB or pcie (or x1) tuner <$90

lol just about to post that i found that. wonder if it comes with a remote...any idea?

I'm going to guess no. The price difference is due to the retail box's bundled software.

Back