Recommend me a mobo.

Scotty_SFF

Gawd
OK so come summer im planning a new PC. Its going to be used for gaming, i will want to play Crysis, full settings or not. I will be doing lots of graphics work, Photoshop CS3 Extended, Flash, Illustrator etc and Dreamweaver etc for web editing.

I'm planning on a C2D 6420, 8800GTS (probably will go SLi eventually), 2-4GB RAM, 3+ Sata hard drives maybe with some raid to speed things up. Vista. On a 17" screen for a while maybe upto a 20".

Don't want to really spend more than £150 which is about $300, trying to keep under £1000 which is $2000 roughly.

So I've been looking at the SLi boards, but do i go with a 680 chipset or what?

you won't need 8800GTS SLI on a monitor of that size.

Are you planning on overclocking?

Well, i've just ordered the Asus P5N32-E SLI NF680i for £135. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow and i can have a play with it. Will report back.

@ BUFF, i wouldn't go SLi unless i got dual monitors, which wouldn't suprise me, i like my monitors lol. Some small OC would be nice maybe get it upto 2.8-3GHz would be nice, not OC'd before though.

@erased, cheer man, looks like a good board, where did you get it from?

@ BUFF, i wouldn't go SLi unless i got dual monitors, which wouldn't suprise me, i like my monitors lol. Some small OC would be nice maybe get it upto 2.8-3GHz would be nice, not OC'd before though.

@erased, cheer man, looks like a good board, where did you get it from?

(unless they've changed it) you can't use SLI over multiple monitors. It's great for single monitors though.

So I've been looking at the SLi boards, but do i go with a 680 chipset or what?

It's up to you. The 650 chipsets (other then the asus hybrid) only support x8 with SLI, the 680 supports dual x16 and more features.

Cheers, i think ill stay with a board that can power my spec, maybe have space for a second GPU if i ever get a bigger monitor with the setup. I know a 8800GTS can power 1680x1050 quite nicley, if i need ill jump upto a 8800GTX but i highly doubt ill need one.

Back