Recommend me a laptop to replace my current desktop

DarkStar02

2[H]4U
My work bought me a laptop (called some local IT guy who just went and bought the cheapest Dell business class laptop he could find and maxed out the RAM) but I'm not a big fan of it. I'm lugging my desktop to work every day which is already inconvenient as I live on the third story of my apartment building and I'm getting sick of having to wrap it in a garbage bag now that it's rainy season. I'm currently rocking a very mildly overclocked 2500k with 8gb Kingston HyperX red RAM, an ASUS Maximus IV Gene Z/Gen3, a GTX275, and a 120gb Kingston SSD. It handles everything I throw at it fine, although I might have to turn down the settings in some games because of the older gpu. Can anyone recommend me a laptop that will offer similar performance for around $1000? I don't mind buying used or refurbished either. :)

Well, since it's for work and not play, I'd suggest a ThinkPad. You can find some good deals on used/refurbished ones if you watch the Lenovo Outlet.

If you need graphics power then the W530 is a solid choice. Otherwise I'd suggest the T430 or T530. I suggest sticking to the X (portable), T (mainstream), or W (workstation) series of Thinkpads though.

Otherwise perhaps a new Dell Latitude or Precision?

Back