Recommend me a good dyndns service

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
I'm currently with no-ip.com and their customer support is the worst I've ever experienced. In spite of way too many attempts at resolving a simple issue, the problem still exists. I finished with them. Who's using a service they're happy with? And preferably has experienced their customer support.

Many thanks in advance.

gandi.net has an API that works like a DDNS service, great customer service too
//Danne

I first tried duckdns. I DL'ed it and installed it. Instructions said to use the included config program. There was no config program. I emailed them and got the reply "it's in the app folder". There was no app folder. All the installer did was install the service and nothing else. I finally said screw it and went to FreeDNS. It was much easier and user friendly. I could find no info as to how to install and config duckdns other than to install as administrator.

I didn't know their was an app for DuckDNS. On Windows I just use the VBS script in Windows Scheduler. On Linux I use CRON jobs that run bash scripts.

dyndns is awesome and very well supported. $25/yr now which is cheap for how good the service is.

$25/yr buys you 2 domains, and a good registrar throws in DynDNS for free.

$25/yr for DynDNS service on a domain you don't even own is a complete ripoff.

The only need I have is to access my ip cameras and NAS when away so free is good enough. Not sure if I understand what else all these DNS services do besides make this possible on a dynamic ip.

$25/yr buys you 2 domains, and a good registrar throws in DynDNS for free.

$25/yr for DynDNS service on a domain you don't even own is a complete ripoff.

Its not for a single subdomain, it supports many for the $25/yr. Plus gives you other features the free version does not give you.

dyndns is awesome and very well supported. $25/yr now which is cheap for how good the service is.

DynDNS used to be free, faster, better, and the $25/year is only for the hostname.dyndns.org crap.

DNS for yourdomain.com is $60/year.

I use DynDNS, but I was able to get their service for MUCH cheaper, $25/5 years I think, since they grandfathered me in from the free plan. On the plus side, I have 30 of their domains to use.

Their service has always worked flawlessly for me, but if I were to start from scratch today, I'd find a cheaper option.

I use DynDNS, but I was able to get their service for MUCH cheaper, $25/5 years I think, since they grandfathered me in from the free plan. On the plus side, I have 30 of their domains to use.

Their service has always worked flawlessly for me, but if I were to start from scratch today, I'd find a cheaper option.

Agreed.

Back